ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement and foreign diploma

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bastiat
Newly Registered

English Language requirement and foreign diploma

Post by Bastiat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi all, I have read the corresponding FAQ and searched the forum but I haven't found a clear answer to my question. I have an American Bachelor degree from 2005 and I am not sure whether or not I need to provide a NARIC certificate showing it is equivalent to a British Bachelor's degree. The government websitegovernment website seems to imply that it is not necessary if the country is majority English-speaking (see below). However in the application the wording is "an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the United Kingdom". According to the government website an American Bachelor degree is deemed equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree. So the question is do I need to provide a letter from NARIC that states the obvious?
If your degree isn’t from a UK university, you’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:
  • an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
  • an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)