ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DECISION EMAIL RECEIVED - SCARED

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

domeonga96
United States of America

DECISION EMAIL RECEIVED - SCARED

Post by domeonga96 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:38 am

Okay so I received an email from Sheffield saying a decision had been made but I'm SO nervous. I feel like they made a decision too quickly as I wasn't priority (see my timeline in my previous thread). I felt confident before but now I'm just plain scared.
This is how the email was worded:

"Dear xxxxxxx

Regarding Visa Application:
For: xxxxxx

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the UK Decision Making Centre. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk."

The way that it's worded has me feeling paranoid. They've only had my documents for 2 weeks so it makes me wonder if the quick response means a refusal. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DECISION EMAIL RECEIVED - SCARED

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:42 am

It is a standard email, sent out to all applicants once a decision has been made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

domeonga96
United States of America

Post by domeonga96 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Ok thanks

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Decisions for USA applicants have been pretty quick in recent weeks (quickest I read was in 12 working days) so you shouldn't be worried.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18