ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA EFM application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nzlost11
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

EEA EFM application

Post by nzlost11 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello :)

I am currently in the process of filling in the EEA extended family member visa.(unmarried)

Background: I am originally from NZ and my partner is from Repub of Ireland. We have both lived in the UK for just over two years. I currently hold a family permit for 6 months. My partner and i have plenty of proof of cohabitation for more than 2 years and photos etc. My partner (EEA national) has been working for 2 years in the UK and has a full time job, contract, payslips, p60 etc. He has been exercising his rights as a residence.

What i am most confused about is section 8 &9 of the application- The EEA is a permanent resident or EEA is a qualified person. As my partner has not lived here 5 years he is not a permanent residence. Am i correct in saying we do not fill this section and fill in section 9 - EEA is a qualified person?

If this is correct do we fill in a separate application form for EEA QP?

I appreciate any help i can get and thank you in advance!!!!

lunallena
Mood:
European Union

Re: EEA EFM application

Post by lunallena » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am

If he hasn't been in the UK for 5 years he doesn't hold PR. If he has a full-time job, he is a QP. It is recommended that he submits his QP application along with yours (link below). He does not have to, but in this way, he can at least have a document that proofs his status in the UK. You can send both applications together in the same envelope (and you have to pay for both).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -03-17.pdf

I hope this helps,

nzlost11
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by nzlost11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 am

lunallena - Yes this makes complete sense. Thank you so much for explaining this to me!!! I really appreciate your help :)

kovacsma
Hungary

Post by kovacsma » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Hey,

Please do keep us updated on your application. We're not far behind you, although we are waiting until at least February 2018 to submit --- this way, we are only 2 months out from our actual 2-year cohabitation anniversary when we apply (2 years would be April 2018). Obviously rather nervous about the application working out, even though we've already had a solicitor give us the complete package of info and guidance on what to fill out and provide in the application... I have this gut feeling that the relevant officials don't give a FUUUUUU**, and are happy to reject applications willy nilly, just because Brexit.

Best of luck.

nzlost11
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by nzlost11 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:47 pm

kovacsma wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm
Hey,

Please do keep us updated on your application. We're not far behind you, although we are waiting until at least February 2018 to submit --- this way, we are only 2 months out from our actual 2-year cohabitation anniversary when we apply (2 years would be April 2018). Obviously rather nervous about the application working out, even though we've already had a solicitor give us the complete package of info and guidance on what to fill out and provide in the application... I have this gut feeling that the relevant officials don't give a FUUUUUU**, and are happy to reject applications willy nilly, just because Brexit.

Best of luck.
It's such a nerve racking process! I have just submitted two days ago and payment has been taken.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck with your application too!!!!

mummyella
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mummyella » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Hello All,
I am the non-EEA applicant and my partner is the EEA QP(Irish). I applied in(July 2017)through a solicitor via the Unmarried partner route. My partner exercises his treaty rights,has a full time job and we have co-habited and been in a relationship for about 2 years. We submitted most of the required documents required. I submitted my biometrics on 15th of September 2017 and luckily I got a long COA(with right to work) on 4th of October 2017. Still awaiting a positive outcome of this application. Does anyone know what next to expect? Does it look successful already given that I got a right to work as an unmarried partner?

kovacsma
Hungary

Post by kovacsma » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:07 am

In a follow-up to your post back in October, re: the EEA EFM and EEA QP (with less than 2 years cohabitation), I'm wondering how your application ended up going? Success or...?

Thanks!

_hmld_
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by _hmld_ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 am

mummyella wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:42 pm
Hello All,
I am the non-EEA applicant and my partner is the EEA QP(Irish). I applied in(July 2017)through a solicitor via the Unmarried partner route. My partner exercises his treaty rights,has a full time job and we have co-habited and been in a relationship for about 2 years. We submitted most of the required documents required. I submitted my biometrics on 15th of September 2017 and luckily I got a long COA(with right to work) on 4th of October 2017. Still awaiting a positive outcome of this application. Does anyone know what next to expect? Does it look successful already given that I got a right to work as an unmarried partner?
Congrats!! Good to hear you received a long COA on EEA EFM application, usually heard the case is Short one. And it's very worrying that not being able to work once my Tier 5 visa is expired. Would you mind sharing a bit more what you have submitted? Is your partner a QP? or PR? what your employment status when you applied? It would be really helpful to know what you submitted in order to increase the percentage to get the long COA. Thanks mummyella !

_hmld_
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by _hmld_ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:53 am

kovacsma wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm
Hey,

Best of luck.
I am in a similar situation, waiting for a closer time to apply for the visa.
My partner is a QP with fulltime job. and we moved in UK similar time (10,2016 vs 8,2016) However, by the time we submit our application, it will still be a few months away from 2 years. Now just try to collect as much evidence as to prove our relationship is genuine.

Please do update how your result is! Would be good to know and best luck to you!

kovacsma
Hungary

Post by kovacsma » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 am

Application was successful. Paperwork returned today. Despite the majority-pessimistic outlook on this (not unjustified), it is possible to get the EEA unmarried partner visa with mostly unofficial documentation that you and your unmarried partner have lived together for only 22 months. I do expect that the massive amount of unofficial documentation, including testimonial statements with passport photos; photos and a partnership story spanning nearly 3.5 years; and the official proof of joint bank statements and other official paperwork for a good portion of the 2 year period, has provided a strong basis for the positive result.