ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusions about mode of investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tierloop
United Kingdom

Confusions about mode of investment

Post by tierloop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 am

Hello Everyone and all the gurus and moderators,

I have concern about mode of investment and to claim points for investment.

My T1E visa was granted on basis of 3rd party funds and 3rd party is based in overseas.

Once visa was granted I deposited the 50K funds in 4 transactions into my business account via cash deposit instead of account transfer from 3rd party account to my business account in order to save foreign exchange charges.

My concern is if I go for extension so

-Would it effect the decision of my case as the funds are directly deposited into business account instead of 3rd party transfer.

-Does the director loan applies in such scenario. Can I create a director loan.

-Which box or boxes should I tick in section 3 , K3

I would appreciate your views on it.
Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Confusions about mode of investment

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am

What was the basis for your 50K route - PSW ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am
What was the basis for your 50K route - PSW ?
Yes

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 am

Then you did the right thing - the money needed to be transferred from your personal account, which is what you did.
It can be either DL or share capital - up to you.
So, you would check box 2 or 3 + 5
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 am

I did hard cash deposit via payin slip into my business account. I think I was not able to explain clearly that it was not account transfer ,neither from 3rd party or neither from my personal account.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 am

tierloop wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:13 am
I did hard cash deposit via payin slip into my business account. I think I was not able to explain clearly that it was not account transfer ,neither from 3rd party or neither from my personal account.
In that case, the best is to do it as Share capital. Otherwise you will not be able to provide the evidence needed for DL

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:43 am

I appreciate your response but If you could kindly explain how it’s not possible via DL

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:28 am

tierloop wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:43 am
I appreciate your response but If you could kindly explain how it’s not possible via DL
Read the documents needed as set out in the guidance.
If you have made the investment in the form of a director’s loan, it must be shown in both the relevant set of financial accounts provided and through readily identifiable transactions in the applicant’s business bank statement(s). The statement(s) must clearly show the transfer of this money from you to your business.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Unfortunately I have submitted the application with DL. So it means everything is messed up.
Isn’t there any way to justify those.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:29 pm

When did you submit the application. Your initial question seemed to indicate that it was before submission.

What does the bank statement say against the deposits ? Does it show your name ?

Do you still have copies of the pay-in slip ?

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 am

The question was just in the form of query in order to get memebers views on such scenarios.

I have submitted application in Sept 2017.
Awaiting decision since that time.

Deposit was made with reference of 3rd party supporter name on pay in slip hence Bank statements show name of 3rd party supporter against deposit.
I have customer’s part of pay-in slip that is stamped by bank.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 am

And in whose name is the Director Loan agreement drawn up ?

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Directer loan is under my name as I am the sole director of the company. That’s what my lawyer advised me

Faheemryk
Pakistan

Post by Faheemryk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:27 pm

After reading posts on this forum, I have realised that Share Capital option is much much better than DL.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 pm

tierloop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm
Directer loan is under my name as I am the sole director of the company. That’s what my lawyer advised me
Ok. That's good.
So that leaves you with the non-compliance of showing that money was invested by you into the business.
The probability of your investment being rejected is quite high. Not sure what you could do at this point in time. You may want to take some professional advice.
The right way to handle it was to have the money put into your personal bank account and then transferred from there.
When you initially applied for your Visa, the third party funding only showed that someone else was going to give you the money or invest it on your behalf. By depositing the money into the business account with the name of the 3rd party, it is not as clear that the money was given to you.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 pm
tierloop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm
Ok. That's good.
So that leaves you with the non-compliance of showing that money was invested by you into the business.
The probability of your investment being rejected is quite high. Not sure what you could do at this point in time. You may want to take some professional advice.
The right way to handle it was to have the money put into your personal bank account and then transferred from there.
When you initially applied for your Visa, the third party funding only showed that someone else was going to give you the money or invest it on your behalf. By depositing the money into the business account with the name of the 3rd party, it is not as clear that the money was given to you.
I don’t get that part of “non-compliance of showing that money was invested by you into the business.”
I know it’s a blunder but money is deposited into business account as cash and later it was utilised as investment so wouldn’t that be justifiable?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 pm

tierloop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm
I don’t get that part of “non-compliance of showing that money was invested by you into the business.”
I know it’s a blunder but money is deposited into business account as cash and later it was utilised as investment so wouldn’t that be justifiable?
The requirement that the source of the investment should be traceable to the entrepreneur is a recent one. Couple of years back just the DL agreement and accounts was sufficient.
Difficult to say why the immigration rules were amended to include the requirement for "readily identifiable transactions" came. But the fact that it was amended to specifically include that makes me think that some people used it inappropriately.
The challenge you have is not whether the money was invested but whether it was your money. It is supposed to be your money and that is the part you don't have evidence to support.
I am not sure why you used the 3rd parties name in the pay-in slip. It should have been your name.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm

I used 3rd party name as a reference in my own business account pay in slip. But I understand it’s an issue to justify the deposit even it’s made by me with 3rd party name as reference.
Well I really appreciate your views on it.
Let’s see what happens. All I can do is hope for best and pray that they don’t go in such deep about origin of investment otherwise I am in great mess.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 pm

tierloop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm
I used 3rd party name as a reference in my own business account pay in slip. But I understand it’s an issue to justify the deposit even it’s made by me with 3rd party name as reference.
Well I really appreciate your views on it.
Let’s see what happens. All I can do is hope for best and pray that they don’t go in such deep about origin of investment otherwise I am in great mess.
Since you already have done it, just hope for the best! I have seen many people with a very weak case getting approved, on the contrary people with strong cases getting refused too.
You might get lucky!
Goodluck!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 pm

tierloop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:21 pm
Thanks
All the best. I do hope it gets through.

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi
As far as i know through my case the investment is only counted whatever is gone from your personal account to your business account, thats the only way it is called as director loan and also this is the only way it is acceptable by HO. Cash submission into your business account is not counted as director loan or investment..
Hope this helps