ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i get a Right of Abode

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jayden
Newly Registered

can i get a Right of Abode

Post by Jayden » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi guys, i have a question,

here is my situation, I was born in 1982, in zimbabwe [commonwealth country], my mother had a British Overseas passport, and my father had an Indian passport, but as i was unable to take nationality from my mother, but instead i got it from my father.

When i was 16 i changed my nationality taking up a zimbabwean passport, as i was born in the country.

other notes: My grandfather, mother side has a British oversears, as well as my great grandfather.

i have read that i can now take on Right of Abode as my mother was a holder of a British overseas national and i was born before 1983

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... ishmother/

any help would be great

Jayden

Jayden
Newly Registered

Post by Jayden » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Hmm.. i just did a search and found a few answers.

1) my mother was not born in the UK,
2) My Grandfather was born in India
3) My Great grandfather was born in india and during the old Raj days.

So basically i answered my own question.

I am unable to qualify for this.. as my mother was born overseas not in UK

thanks anyway

jayden