ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Registration at Burgh Quay Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NiallPP
Ireland

GNIB Registration at Burgh Quay Dublin

Post by NiallPP » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi all,

Having filled in an EU1 application with my husband and just received a permission letter for him to register with immigration, I now see there is a huge shortage of appointments at Burgh Quay. I'm not sure if its just the time of the year (student registration?) or the general backlog but i'm a bit stumped on this. Currently a handful of appointments are available for the 2nd week of December onward only.

I understand last minute appointments and cancellations are released daily, though information on this is a little sketchy. Some places say appointments are released at 2:30pm, some say 10am and some say anytime from 2-4pm. I've tried this for the last 2 days but don't see anything at all.

There is an app for searching now as well as the website, its a little faster to search but still same problem.

Anyone have any tips on this?

Thanks!

dupalsky

Re: GNIB Registration at Burgh Quay Dublin

Post by dupalsky » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Hey Niallpp,

There is no tip on this. All applicant have to book appointment. You are right, it is difficult to get appointment and that there is cancellation released at 2:30 every day. But the thing, you need to check frequently, say every 30 minutes to 1 hour as cancellations can be released at anytime all day long. I speaking from experience......

Good luck in getting on.

Dupalsky

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks, I have been checking regularly with no joy, the app gives notifications but nothing appeared today. What a crazy system this is

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Wow, just got notification from my app (at 11pm!) and booked an appointment for tomorrow morning. I would recommend anyone else in the same situation download this "GNIB - Ireland" app and switch on notifications - looks like the last minute spots get released all through the day and evening

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm

So, relatively painless experience in the end and stamped through to end of March 2018 (though I imagine we may need to return if the EU1 residency applications are still taking around 9 months).

Tips from me (and friends) about this process for others:

- Worth downloading that GNIB application from Play Store or similar. It stores your info so you can instantly search. You get instant notifications of new available appointments and they do seem to come through at random times.

- Go for a morning appointment if you can.. Seems like those in the afternoon tend to be waiting a little longer

- We arrived 15 mins before our appointment at 9am.. was very quiet and we saw someone straight away. Whole process including fingerprinting took around an hour, left with GNIB card and temp stamp 4.

Zineb93
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zineb93 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Good news :D

How long did it take to receive the permission letter to register from the date you sent your EU1 form ?

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks, letter took about 2 weeks