ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier5 curtailment. Sponsor withdrew the sponsorship.

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Urgent . Tier5 gov. Ath. Ex. Cos number is unvalid. urgent requirement

Post by Sanly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

Dear community ,
I was accepted for a training placement in the framework of the Lifelong Learning Erasmus+ programme at UCL university and my placement was supposed to start on 10 july 2017. Unfortunately, I got my visa later than that, so we (me and the university) changed the start date to 11 September 2017.
My visa is a Tier5 Temporary Work (government authorised exchange) visa and was awaeded when I received a CoS number. Unfortunately, after I arrived in london, now they said that they cannot host me any more. As I don't know the used software at work and the tutor was not available any more!!. So the British Council withdrew the sponsorship.
Considering this information, I'd like to know what my options are: (1) am I able to find a new sponsor within the UK and use the same Tier5 visa, or (2) should I apply for a new visa within the UK in case I find new sponsorship?
By the way; I went to university (the student servis), unfortunately they refused to help me ...
Show me a way please. I have tried hard to be in here and to work in UCL. I don't want to give up. If it's possible to find a new sponsor within UK I definitely am willing to do so.

T5advice
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent . Tier5 gov. Ath. Ex. Cos number is unvalid. urgent requirement

Post by T5advice » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi,

It is possible to find a sponsor in UK. Keep on trying and I hope you will find soon. If you find one, you have to apply for a new visa. It depends if you can switch it inside the uk or outside.
Can you please tell me when did you apply for you tier 5 visa and when did you recieve your decision?

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Sanly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I applied for the Tier5 visa on 19 of July. And got my passport back at 14 of August. The visa starts from 11 of August .

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 am

Sanly wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am
By the way; I went to university (the student servis), unfortunately they refused to help me ...
If you were going to the university as a member of staff on a working visa, it is not reasonable or logical to expect the Student Services people to be able to advise you. They only have specific knowledge and expertise in student visas, not work visas. The HR office should be able to refer you to a local immigration adviser.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Sanly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 pm

In my acceptance letter I am mentioned as intern (for a traneeship ) exchange erasmus student.
The question is that if I find a new sponsor (get new Cos number ) am I able to apply for a new tier5 visa within UK?

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Sanly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Dear T5advice user_id=175735]
Hi,
You said it's possible to find a sponsor in UK.and If I find one, have to apply for a new visa. It depends if inside the uk or outside.
I did apply for My tier 5 visa on 19of July and I did recieve my decision on 11 August.

So the question is inside the UK? ? Or outside the UK? ?

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier5 curtailment. Sponsor withdrew the sponsorship.

Post by Sanly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm

My sponsor withdrew the sponsorship and informed the home office about that. It has been 3 weeks. I haven't get any letters or even emails from Home office. My visa is almost (less than ) 6 months and . So I didn't have to declare my adress to the police. 4 months are left from visa.
Here is 2 questions :
1- which adress is the home office going to send me a letter (about the withrawl and curtailment of my visa)
2- are they going to curtail my visa at all ?
Thank you from now 😊

buddiemm
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Tier5 curtailment. Sponsor withdrew the sponsorship.

Post by buddiemm » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 pm

What type of Tier 5 visa did you have and why did your sponsor withrew their sponsorship.

T5advice
Newly Registered

Post by T5advice » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi.

I am sorry for what you are going through nowadays. Well its the sponsor who set the condition to apply inside or outside the UK. Your new sponsor will be able to tell you if you can make your application from inside or outside the UK.

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Sanly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Buddiem . Government athourised exchange visa

Sanly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Sanly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Sanly wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm
Dear T5advice user_id=175735]
Hi,
You said it's possible to find a sponsor in UK.and If I find one, have to apply for a new visa. It depends if inside the uk or outside.
I did apply for My tier 5 visa on 19of July and I did recieve my decision on 11 August.

So the question is inside the UK? ? Or outside the UK? ?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:58 am

T5advice wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:53 pm
Well its the sponsor who set the condition to apply inside or outside the UK.
No it isn't.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.