ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form for child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1EAccelerated

MN1 form for child born abroad

Post by T1EAccelerated » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Hello,

I have been in UK for about 5 years, with Tier 1 Entrepreneur (entry Sep 2012), received the extension in Jan 2016 and then ILR on accelerated route in May 2017.

my wife is applying for her ILR shortly with a premium service, she and my daughter(born in india) (both originally dependant on my Tier 1 entrepreneur visa) have a valid visa until Jan 2018, however only my wife is applying for a premium service visa, could she be asked or required to answer why my daughter is not applying with her.

I had a understanding, one my wife receives the ILR ( i already have ILR), my daughter born in india can apply for her naturalisation, however looking at the guidance this is at the discretion of case worker.

Could someone guide, if i should be applying for the ILR of my daughter with my wife or can i apply for her ILR after my wife get her ILR, or am i eligible to apply for her naturalisation certificate,

Please note in all cases she will always be on a valid leave to remain.

Look forward to hear from others if someone has a understanding on the same.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hear from you.

Regards

JAJ
Australia

Re: MN1 form for child born abroad

Post by JAJ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:59 am

Under Home Office policy, ILR would normally be required for your daughter to be registered as British. See page 30:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2.0EXT.pdf
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.