ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aleksej2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Passport

Post by Aleksej2008 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi
My wife has ILR for over 14 years we now are looking to go for British passport, we have approached one solicitor to do the donkey, was promised paper work would be sent via e.mail but nothing contacted again told e.mail will be sent, yet again nothing.
Does anyone know a good immigration lawyer.

Kind Regards
Aleksej2008

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Aleksej2008 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm
Hi
My wife has ILR for over 14 years we now are looking to go for British passport, we have approached one solicitor to do the donkey, was promised paper work would be sent via e.mail but nothing contacted again told e.mail will be sent, yet again nothing.
Does anyone know a good immigration lawyer.

Kind Regards
Aleksej2008
The Board Ts&Cs do not permit the posting of professional recommendations on the forum.

Before qualifying for a British passport your wife needs to have applied for and been granted British citizenship. The application is straight forward and you shouldn't need a legal representative for this.

If she submits her application through the NCS (for a small fee), they will check her application documents for validity. The NCS also offer the joint citizenship/passport service (JCAP), which would avoid having to attend an interview before the passport is issued after the Citizenship ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aleksej2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Aleksej2008 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi what is the total price for British Passport.
Kind Regards
Aleksej2008

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm

The passport or the application for British citizenship :?: There are separate fees for each.

1. British citizenship = £1,282

2. Passport application = £72.50

The NCS fee is generally £79
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aleksej2008
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Aleksej2008 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi Casa
One last question i have looked on the net but cannot find the form which has to be filled in! I would be grateful if you could provide the link.

Kind Regards
Aleksej2008

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Google 'Form AN'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.