ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR With Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

superlondonguy123
Newly Registered

ILR With Work Permit

Post by superlondonguy123 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi,

I am in UK for the past 2 years with Work Permit (Intra Company Transfer) sponsored by Indian Company. I am getting living allowance (Non Taxable) in UK. Also the taxable salary is paid in India.

If I stay in UK with the above work permit totally for 5 years, Will I eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK?

One of the immigration consultant said "The work permit sponsored by Indian Company as Intra Company Transfer is NOT eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Only UK Company sponsored work permit is eligible for ILR".

Please clarify me.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:35 pm

superlondonguy123 wrote:One of the immigration consultant said "The work permit sponsored by Indian Company as Intra Company Transfer is NOT eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Only UK Company sponsored work permit is eligible for ILR"
They are wrong.

You can check the BIA website for yourself Immigration Rules Part 5

The only problem you could have is if you had a "Multiple Entry" ICT work permit. "Multiple Entry" would be on the work permit itself.

Regards

PP