ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 - Visa extension after internship

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hhofficial123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 - Visa extension after internship

Post by hhofficial123 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on a work placement that is year long and will need visa extension from outside the UK as per UKVI rules after I have completed this internship. can anyone tell me their experiences if they applied for visa extension after work placement? Like do they do credibility interview for returning students even if I give my university results showing that I have passed all modules (which is enough proof that I am a genuine student) and if they do an interview then what questions could be expected? Did any returning student ever got asked if they have worked and how many hours they worked or anything similar to these questions?

Your replies will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
HH

hhofficial123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 - Visa extension after internship

Post by hhofficial123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 pm

More than 35 views and no reply :/

Zee123456789
Pakistan

Post by Zee123456789 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:57 pm

You are on placement year,, what duration your tier 4 visa is?? You mean after work placement you need visa extension or for work placement you need extension?

hhofficial123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hhofficial123 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 pm

It was issued for 3 years. According to new rules if you do work placement and your visa expires you have to apply for extension from outside the U.K. to complete your final year.

hhofficial123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hhofficial123 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:05 pm

I mean after work placement I need extension

wilson0706
Newly Registered

Post by wilson0706 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Did placement last year, applied for extension this July and got the new visa within 2 weeks without having to interview.

But your conditions will be different depending on your country, university and the year you are doing the placement. So you need to talk to your uni international student support team for your scenario.

hhofficial123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hhofficial123 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 pm

wilson0706 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Did placement last year, applied for extension this July and got the new visa within 2 weeks without having to interview.

But your conditions will be different depending on your country, university and the year you are doing the placement. So you need to talk to your uni international student support team for your scenario.
Can you please tell me which country did you apply from and you nationality if you dont mind and your university? thanks