ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application planned from india on Mar25 ..questions..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_newbie
Newly Registered

EC Application planned from india on Mar25 ..questions..

Post by hsmp_newbie » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Hi,

I'm in the UK as a [b]Work Permit Dependent[/b]. I got HSMP approval in Dec, but I'm planning to go back to India (home country) to apply for Entry Clearance as i can not switch from WP dependent to HSMP in UK. But I'm a bit confused about the new rules now. I have the following queries:

a) If I apply for EC by [b]March 25th[/b], should I be applying using the current EC form? If so, would I have to again apply using the Tier 1 form on April 1st since it would be impossible for the decision to be made before April 1st?

b) What fee should I be paying - is it the current Entry Clearance fee or should it be the new Tier 1 fee? or both...????

c) will I get 3 year entry clearence or 2 year..??

d) where I could get new forms as VFS is yet to publish any forms..?

regards[b][/b]

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 am

To answer your questions -

a) - If you apply from India before April, you should use the current forms.

b) - You would pay 350 pounds. Even if you could apply within country, since you already have HSMP letter and you've not used it for EC yet, you would only pay 350 pounds.

c) - Good question. If you apply in the old process, I believe you'll get 2 years only.

d) - The new forms are not available for outside the UK yet, since they're not in effect until April. The only forms available now are for in-country.

Separately, I'm not sure what the current limit is to use the HSMP letter, but you said you got it in December. Please make sure that you apply for EC before the time runs out on the validity of your HSMP letter.

Good luck!.. hope that helps.

hsmp_newbie
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_newbie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 am

I was refering to the site http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/
See the following quote:
Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if you have made an application for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant before 1 April 2008 in India only, and it has not been decided before that date
a) - So does it mean that initially I should apply using the current EC form, but then again re-apply using Tier 1 form on April 1st if my decision hasn't been made by that date?

c) - If I'm submitting the Tier 1 application form I'm not sure whether it is 2 years or 3 years.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:36 am

If you apply before April, use the current EC forms. If you apply after April you should use the Tier 1 forms.

If you apply before April, then your application will be considered under the old criteria and process. This is true even if it's not decided by April. That's the way that they've been handling things for the last few changes and I don't think it will be different for the April cutoff.

If you apply under the new Tier 1 criteria for EC after April 1st, I think you'll get 3 years, but if you apply under the old criteria before April 1st, you'll get 2 years. I'm making some assumptions here, since I haven't found anything that specifically says this, although I think you can infer it from the different things that they are doing. (For example, those moving from HSMP in country to Tier 1 will get 3 years as renewal, even though they are renewing under Tier 1, and not getting an initial leave. )

Hope that helps.

hsmp_newbie
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_newbie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 pm

this is the response i got from VFS chennai on march first week..
even they are not clear on this.

Dear sir/ madam,

This is to inform you that as of now we have not received any official confirmation regarding the changes. kindly log on to the below mentionsed website to know the updated information. Right now the proceedure for applying the entry clearence for an HSMP is one and the same.

Regards,

Help Desk

UK-South

winsome

Post by winsome » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi dear

I am in the same situation as yours. I am currently in UK as hsmp dependant but need to go back to home country for EC. I have a very dumb question... Which address do you have on your HSMP acceptance ltr. Your UK address or home country address.

I have my UK address on my HSMP letter.Which address should I mention in VAF-2 form as my current address. Will it be my UK address or my temporary home country address.....

winsome