ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision letter - and RM redirection

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mce82
Newly Registered

Decision letter - and RM redirection

Post by mce82 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello,

I am about to move houses and my application is still in the decision process. In my cover letter submitted with AN application I have stated that I would likely to move due to lease, at which point I've provided my permanent address (owned home, visit over the weekends) and my "temporary correspondence address" (work home).

I received all confirmations so far at my correspondence address (work home). With moving going ahead I am about to inform HO about the new address, meanwhile, I will set up a RM redirection service for next three months. As my application was submitted in June, I am expecting decision letter "any minute now" (wishful thinking).

Does anyone know (or still has the envelope handy to check), do HO letters have any written reference to "DNR - Do not redirect" written on them? I know council letters do not get redirected (to reduce benefit fraud etc.)

I am just trying to cover all the eventualities.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Decision letter - and RM redirection

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Does anyone know (or still has the envelope handy to check), do HO letters have any written reference to "DNR - Do not redirect" written on them? I know council letters do not get redirected (to reduce benefit fraud etc.)
No they do not. It is sent standard second class mail in an A5 brown envelope. It is only the councils that do the DNR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.