ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky naturalisation case. Your views is very much welcome

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emanakinde121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tricky naturalisation case. Your views is very much welcome

Post by Emanakinde121 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm

I was born in the uk to non UK citizen parents in 1988. Mom later received ILR and subsequently British citizenship. I never really thought much of my status until recently. We didn't really travel as money was a factor. I'm now sorting out the issue and realise I was not registered and as such cannot apply for passport directly. I would use the form T route unfortunately we had a fire wen I was 10 and the housing association property burned with most of our possessions. So proving 10 years residence from baby to 10 has been hard I have tried. My question. I have a job now no issue with fees can I use the FORM AN route? I can show my uk BC which I've got from the council and school degree tax records etc form 10 until now and don't mind the bloody life in uk test? Is this route available to me or is it only for non UK born individuals?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tricky naturalisation case. Your views is very much welcome

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:45 pm

There is no need to keep posting the same question multiple times all over the sub forum. Posting once is enough and when someone is available, willing and able to offer advice, I am sure they will.

See Multiple Posts (click).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emanakinde121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Emanakinde121 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Apologies. never really used a forum for posting before and was having some difficulties with it. Apologies

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:55 pm

No worries. Am sure either users 'secret.simon' or 'JAJ' will be online at some point and be able to offer good advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 pm

There is nothing to stop a (non-British citizen) U.K. born person applying for naturalisation. However- you need to have ILR before you can consider naturalisation- do you have it?

Form T should still be feasible- to start with, have you tried [by which I mean a Subject Access Request] to get copies of your school records from the local education authority and your NHS records.

Other option- is your father named on your birth certificate and if so, was he British or settled when you were born? Depending on the answer, there may be options for an application for British citizenship through UKF- better than Form T because the fee is a lot lower.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

Emanakinde121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Emanakinde121 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 am

Thanks for that JAJ.

I have made multiple requests and have the housing association records secondary school. NHS has been rubbish and primary school basically said they don't have records from then. Form AN requirements don't include a need for ILR. The only issue is had was whether I would be considered to have been in breach of immigration law or immigration time limit as a uk born who has never applied to nor left the country. If not then the 5 years residency would not be an issue for me. Thanks for your time again

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:45 am

Emanakinde121 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 am
I have made multiple requests and have the housing association records secondary school. NHS has been rubbish and primary school basically said they don't have records from then.
Have you made a Subject Access Request to both the NHS and the Local Education Authority? If not- that's what you need to do. If they respond saying they have no records you can then move on to secondary evidence- such as letters from British citizens who knew you at the time.

What about Child Benefit records.
You need to be persistent and know what to ask, who to ask and how to ask if you want to get the necessary information.
Form AN requirements don't include a need for ILR. The only issue is had was whether I would be considered to have been in breach of immigration law or immigration time limit as a uk born who has never applied to nor left the country. If not then the 5 years residency would not be an issue for me.
AN does need ILR or equivalent. See page 15.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf

As far as I am aware, being born in the United Kingdom does not in itself give ILR. See paragraph 304 of the Immigration Rules.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members

Unless your mother included you on her ILR application?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Emanakinde121 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 am
The only issue is had was whether I would be considered to have been in breach of immigration law or immigration time limit as a uk born who has never applied to nor left the country.
No breach (35-50).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.