ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes of stamps- From 4 to 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chowdhury123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Changes of stamps- From 4 to 1

Post by Chowdhury123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi all,

Currently I am holding a stamp-4 through EU treaty rights. However, I would like change of my stamp from 4 to stamp -1. As I have a job offer with 35k and I am an ACCA member. Therefore, I am just wondering is it possible to change stamps from 4 to 1. Moreover, I like to access my own rights rather than dependent on someone which I am at the moment. Just wondering am I eligible to apply for green card/work permit from stamp 4? As I will definitely be getting out from stamp 4 and I like to access my own rights rather than dependent on someone

Your advice is much appreciated.

Regards,
Chowdhury

dupalsky

Re: Changes of stamps- From 4 to 1

Post by dupalsky » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Hey Chowdhury123,

It is possible for someone to change their status, if necessary. However, I am not sure why you want to change your status. With stamp 4 you are allowed to get any kind of job you want.

Dupalsky

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 am

Your employer would have to get an employment permit or a critical skills employment permit (if your work area is eligible) for you then you should be able to apply for Stamp 1.

Why change the Stamp though? Are you separating for whoever you're dependent upon to get Stamp 4? I would contact a local immigration officer to see what they say too given it wouldn't be too common for people to change the Stamp number like what you're asking.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 am

you can not change your status from stamp 4 to 1
you can change from 1 to stamp 4

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 pm

My understanding is that a person can change their status to any category, unless it is a category for which a direct application needs to be made to the department of Justice.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:12 pm

wrong Obie !

please check on INIS website under change of status section they clearly says you cannot change from stamp 4 to stamp 1
thanks

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 am

Change of Immigration Status from Stamp 4

New Stamp Criteria for changing immigration permission and instructions on how to change stamp.
Stamp 1 Not applicable
Stamp 2 Not applicable
Stamp 3 Not applicable
Stamp 5 If you have 96 months reckonable residence you may apply to Residence Division for a Stamp 5. Details here.
Stamp 6 If you are granted citizenship you may apply to Residence Division for stamp 6. Details here.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ch ... 0Stamp%204

You might still wanna send them an email and explain your situation though.

Chowdhury123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chowdhury123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:17 pm

dupalsky wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:56 pm
Hey Chowdhury123,

It is possible for someone to change their status, if necessary. However, I am not sure why you want to change your status. With stamp 4 you are allowed to get any kind of job you want.

Dupalsky
Thank you very much for the info

Chowdhury123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chowdhury123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Obie wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 pm
My understanding is that a person can change their status to any category, unless it is a category for which a direct application needs to be made to the department of Justice.
Thank you Obie for you info

Chowdhury123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Chowdhury123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Zoot7 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:16 am
Your employer would have to get an employment permit or a critical skills employment permit (if your work area is eligible) for you then you should be able to apply for Stamp 1.

Why change the Stamp though? Are you separating for whoever you're dependent upon to get Stamp 4? I would contact a local immigration officer to see what they say too given it wouldn't be too common for people to change the Stamp number like what you're asking.
Hi Zoot7,

Thank you very much for your info. I am trying to be separated with whom I dependent upon at the moment. Could you please ask one of the local immigration officer to see what they say in relation to this scenario if I am able to apply for critical skills employment permit with my job offer and ACCA membership. As I am receiving mixed comments regarding to this situation. And I really appreciate your time and help.
Thanks & regards,
Chowdhury