ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which application is valid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sehrvi
Newly Registered

Which application is valid

Post by Sehrvi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 am

I had applied tier1 entrepreneurs visa extension in 15 feb 2017 and did not get any decision till end of August.In September I completed ten years and went for premium appointments in Sheffield on 4th of September by varying my application to lr.I was told that my passport are with diff departments so I would get decision in week time.After a week I got a call from compliance officer that they need to come interview me .My interview was conducted in my office on 15th September.So far no response from Ukvi.Dont know which application they considering LR or Tier Entrepreneurs.I would be thankful if someone guide me.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Which application is valid

Post by marcnath » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:34 am

Since you have varied to LR that is the one that is being considered.
As at least part of your stay was on t1e they will also consider that you have been compliant to the original visa conditions so it is normal that they look into that also
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Sehrvi wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 am
I had applied tier1 entrepreneurs visa extension in 15 feb 2017 and did not get any decision till end of August.In September I completed ten years and went for premium appointments in Sheffield on 4th of September by varying my application to lr.I was told that my passport are with diff departments so I would get decision in week time.After a week I got a call from compliance officer that they need to come interview me .My interview was conducted in my office on 15th September.So far no response from Ukvi.Dont know which application they considering LR or Tier Entrepreneurs.I would be thankful if someone guide me.
You should be fine. Good luck.
Just curious when they called you for the interview, did you tell them you have varied your application?

Sehrvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sehrvi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Yeh nearly one and half month gone since I applied through premium ,even after one month of interview no reply.No refund yet even to many individuals having same case like me use to get refund from withdrawn application after two weeks but mine situation is completely different because after 6 weeks no refund of previous withdrawn application.yeh I had call early in the morning at 8am,

Best thing I was asked any time of my choice for the interview.Good luck for everyone including me .

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Sehrvi wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:35 pm
Yeh nearly one and half month gone since I applied through premium ,even after one month of interview no reply.No refund yet even to many individuals having same case like me use to get refund from withdrawn application after two weeks but mine situation is completely different because after 6 weeks no refund of previous withdrawn application.yeh I had call early in the morning at 8am,

Best thing I was asked any time of my choice for the interview.Good luck for everyone including me .
"You won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK."

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tierloop
United Kingdom

Post by tierloop » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Sehrvi wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 am
Did they conduct the interview relevant to entrepreneur visa or did they asked some extra questions about your ILR as well?

Sehrvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sehrvi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:13 am

Fine but I think they do refund nhs soon but I didn’t get NHS refund either .They do ask most of the questions relating to business and I think all of them available on the forum already.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:29 am

Casa wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm

"You won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK."

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
But this is a case of variation rather than cancellation.

As per https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n-v1.0.pdf

When an applicant varies their application they do not have to pay an additional fee
unless the new application has a higher fee. If this is the case, when the applications
are made online, the applicant will have paid 2 fees and you must refund the
difference. If both applications, or the second application, are on paper, the applicant
must pay the difference between the original fee and the new higher fee and you
should write to them to tell them what the difference is.

So, shouldn't there be a refund ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 am

He will get refund.
One of my friend varied his application from entrepreneur to flr and then ILR and he got refund for all.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:01 am

Momi wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 am
He will get refund.
One of my friend varied his application from entrepreneur to flr and then ILR and he got refund for all.
Hi Momi, can you please explain why your friend varied application to flr first and then to ILR?
Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 am

Sehrvi wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:35 pm
to get refund from withdrawn application
and
refund of previous withdrawn application.
This is where the confusion arose.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 am

amnaali03 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:01 am
Momi wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 am
He will get refund.
Hi Momi, can you please explain why your friend varied application to flr first and then to ILR?
Regards
This is Sehrvi's thread and not a general discussion on varying an application. Please open your own topic and post your questions there to avoid this thread becoming a jumble of different 'conversations' which don't relate to Sehrvi's situation.
(Casa, not CR001)

Sehrvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sehrvi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks Casa and other members for valuable advises.Good news to share with you guys that I’ve been granted Ilr.Nearly after one month of compliance interview they granted my Ilr.I have written my time line already.Just wondering how long does biometric take to come and I haven’t got nhs refund yet.Do I have to ring ukvi or they will do automatically .

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Congratulations!
Great news.
I think the biometric usually arrives within a week of receiving the approval letter.
The NHS refund should be with you soon, but best to call them and ask.

Was your business in profit? And were you interviewed before your first application?

HRA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by HRA » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am

Sehrvi wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 pm
Thanks Casa and other members for valuable advises.Good news to share with you guys that I’ve been granted Ilr.Nearly after one month of compliance interview they granted my Ilr.I have written my time line already.Just wondering how long does biometric take to come and I haven’t got nhs refund yet.Do I have to ring ukvi or they will do automatically .
Congratulations Sehrvi,

Really sorry for using your post but I have few queries which you can answer accurately as you already gone through this process.

1) Did they ask for your any other proof of ID as you didn't have the passport due to already submitted by your T1 Ext ?

2) How did you answer QA1-A17 in the SET (LR) Application Form (version 10/2017) Page 4 Section 1 - Payment Details SET (LR) as you already must have paid the fee online?

3)How did you answer the following questions at application form of SET (LR), as these are very important for variation application?

C4. Is your valid passport/national identity card/travel document enclosed?
Yes go to C6
No go to C5

C5. If not enclosed then location of Passport/National Identity Card/Travel Document
Lost
Stolen
Expired-returned to national authorities

C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or
which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

Yes - document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
Yes - document not enclosed, it is: Lost - Stolen - Expired
No

D5. If your leave to enter/remain has expired, did this leave expire within 14 days of this
the application being made?
Yes go to D6
No go to D7

Please do answer my queries at your earliest convenience

amit8910
India

Post by amit8910 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi Sehrvi ,

Can you advise your business type,your business is in profit or not ,having business premises and what's approximate sales of last three years?

I will be in same situation after couple of years once my extension will get approve.

Thanks,

Sehrvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sehrvi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:53 pm

process.

1) Did they ask for your any other proof of ID as you didn't have the passport due to already submitted by your T1 Ext ?

2) How did you answer QA1-A17 in the SET (LR) Application Form (version 10/2017) Page 4 Section 1 - Payment Details SET (LR) as you already must have paid the fee online?

3)How did you answer the following questions at application form of SET (LR), as these are very important for variation application?

C4. Is your valid passport/national identity card/travel document enclosed?
Yes go to C6
No go to C5

C5. If not enclosed then location of Passport/National Identity Card/Travel Document
Lost
Stolen
Expired-returned to national authorities

C6. Do you have any passport or travel document which contains a previous grant of leave or
which you used when you last travelled to the UK?

Yes - document enclosed, passport/travel document number is
Yes - document not enclosed, it is: Lost - Stolen - Expired
No
C4 no go to c5 you can write down with home office already with previous pending application

D5. If your leave to enter/remain has expired, did this leave expire within 14 days of this
the application being made?
Yes go to D6
No go to D7
My solicitor filled my application form.I have a business consultancy.Thanks God my office is brilliant and was good impression upon compliance officer..Good luck and pray for everyone in your visas,

Sehrvi
Newly Registered

Post by Sehrvi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am

More than two months since I had varied my application and was granted ILR on 24 October.I haven’t got nhs and entrepreneur refund yet.How should I apply for that?