ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 dependent Eligibility to work in Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kishow1a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier2 dependent Eligibility to work in Dublin

Post by Kishow1a » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 am

I am a tier 2 dependent eligible to work anywhere from uk. I got a job offer from Dublin. The company will be paying me from their UK agency. I might need to work from Dublin a few days. And a few days from UK. Could u please kindly advise how this could be arranged. Would I need a work visa to work from Dublin for the Dublin client? Or could this be considered as outsourcing to UK agency for whom I m working. Could I at least work from UK if I m not allowed to work from Dublin?. Would a tourist visa be sufficient if I need to visit my client some times? Kindly advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 dependent Eligibility to work in Dublin

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 am

You need a work permit to work in Dublin.

You cannot work in ROI on a tourist visa. You would need a business visit visa if there is such a category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kishow1a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kishow1a » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi all, further to my earlier question, found some info at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... 0Programme

This says that Indian citizen holding short stay visa wouldn't need visa to visit southern Ireland. Now my question is if my tier2 general dependent visa would fall under this category. I was informed by the company employing me in uk that I can work from UK and all the payments would be processed as per uk but I would need to visit their team just for a week before I actually start working. Could u kindly advise if I can travel to Dublin for this one week using my current Visa. I can apply for a visitor Visa but it might take a lot of time. Hence looking for alternatives. Kindly help.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Kishow1a wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:14 pm
Hi all, further to my earlier question, found some info at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... 0Programme

This says that Indian citizen holding short stay visa wouldn't need visa to visit southern Ireland. Now my question is if my tier2 general dependent visa would fall under this category. I was informed by the company employing me in uk that I can work from UK and all the payments would be processed as per uk but I would need to visit their team just for a week before I actually start working. Could u kindly advise if I can travel to Dublin for this one week using my current Visa. I can apply for a visitor Visa but it might take a lot of time. Hence looking for alternatives. Kindly help.
You will need an Irish Tourist visa to visit or an Irish Work Permit to work.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 pm

The last contributor is correct, only Indian nationals who were issued a UK tourist visa are entitled to enter the Republic of Ireland with a UK tourist visa, during the currency of their 6 months visa.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Kishow1a
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kishow1a » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Thanks a lot. I will get the required visa. Thanks for ur time and Advise.