ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!!! Refusal on EU1 by INIS :(

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Malik10991
Mood:
Ireland

HELP!!!! Refusal on EU1 by INIS :(

Post by Malik10991 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi people,
Today i have received the news we all dread, INIS refused my application on the basis that, i have failed to show that, i am a dependent of my father. Well, I wrote letters explaining the fact that, I was unable to work and had lived with my father for over 10 years on the same address and gave them all the evidence I had but they sill refused my application :cry: .
Now, they said I can go for a review I want to know how long does it takes for a review application to go through? and who will be doing the review ? I.e. the INIS or independent court of law?
I initially came to UK on a visit visa when I was 17 and lived with my dad there onward as a visitor I was not allowed to work so it is logical that, my father was paying for me and supporting me financially a point, which INIS has failed to acknowledge.
Secondly,I am 26 now do I even stand a chance in JR or is it a wasted endeavour?
HELP PLEASE!!!! I am very stressed....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: HELP!!!! Refusal on EU1 by INIS :(

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Seems to me you manufactured this situation yourself.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:16 pm

If you need the support of your dad to meet your essential needs, and if without it you cannot meet your needs in Ireland, then the department is wrong, and the refusal is unlawful.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Adding on from the previous posts, merely the fact that you've been on a visitor visa or whichever immigration status until now and living with your father doesn't automatically implies dependence upon him.

In other words your father should have been providing proof of supporting you for these years through solid evidence. This would have likely in the first instance granted you the EU1 status.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:41 pm

There is no need for his father to have been supporting him for any length of time.

The law is, if his current situation is characterized by the fact that material support is needed from his father to meet his essential needs, then he is dependent, and there is not reason for this dependency to have exist for a fixed period.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors