ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving Employment AFTER Decision Made

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Leaving Employment AFTER Decision Made

Post by klite12 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I currently work 2 jobs to ensure I meet the income requirement, I exceeded the £18,600 income requirement (by around like 4-5k) through working 2 jobs. I have since then started University, and don't want to work two jobs anymore.

I did reduce my hours that I worked after submitting the application, which I was advised by my Lawyer is fine as the income requirement was met prior, however he did say that I shouldn't leave any of the jobs due to the Home Office potentially calling to confirm if I work there.

So I've maintained both jobs, now my main question is. If the visa is granted (hopefully!) and my wife comes over, am I then fine to leave one of my jobs? I can make more money though over-time at my other job that pays more, and I also need to concentrate on my studies. Would I need to make the Home Office aware of this? Or do they not care by that point?

I have no intention in taking public funds.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leaving Employment AFTER Decision Made

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Once your spouse is here you are free to change jobs etc etc. You will however have to meet all of the same requirements again when she applies for her extension after 2.5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Leaving Employment AFTER Decision Made

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Usually the documents supplied until the application matters but due to HO practice to call the employer so it's always wise to stay with current employer/employers. Yes that should be fine if you reduce/change working pattern during the application as long as your employment is confirmed by employer. Once you get the visa then you can freely change the job without notifying HO which usually be notified in next extension (if applies).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.