ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

open a bank account

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ra21mona
Newly Registered

open a bank account

Post by ra21mona » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi,

Can someone please advise to which bank it's easier to open a bank account? If I do not have a UK driving licence or a utility bill under my name, with what else can I go to the bank to show my proof of address?

Many thanks in advance :)

Jbkhan32

Re: open a bank account

Post by Jbkhan32 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 am

ra21mona wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 pm
Hi,

Can someone please advise to which bank it's easier to open a bank account? If I do not have a UK driving licence or a utility bill under my name, with what else can I go to the bank to show my proof of address?

You can take your passport as a proof of identity and
Any government letter on your name as a proof of address.best is to take your payslips

TalitaZ

Re: open a bank account

Post by TalitaZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am

Jbkhan32 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 am
ra21mona wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 pm
Hi,

You can take your passport as a proof of identity and
Any government letter on your name as a proof of address.best is to take your payslips
For my husband we used his Indian passport (with valid UK visa) and his national Insurance letter as proof of address. I also brought the tenancy agreement with his name on it but they didn't even need it.
We opened the account at Santander and it was very smooth.