ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 dependant and switching to long residence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LOWARAN
Newly Registered
India

tier 2 dependant and switching to long residence

Post by LOWARAN » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Dear all

I will be thankful if anyone advises me on my situation

1-I came to the UK 10/10/2008 to study and completed 2009
2-Then in PSW until 30/10/2011
3- I got married in April 2011 and my wife was on her own PSW visa then in Sep 2011 we both went back our home country and I switched to PSW dependent visa on my wife's PSW.
4- Then I applied to tier 2 dependent with my wife tier 2 visa in June 2013 until June 2016
5- Again I extended further 3-year tier 2 in June 2016 as dependant with my wife until 2019

As my wife came to UK 2007 she applied for long residence in July 2017 and got PR in same day service
then in August we blessed with a new baby (the Baby is eligible to apply for British passport as 1 parent is PR before birth)

My question 1- For me, I still have my tier-2 dependent visa until June 2019 and I didn't have any letter from HO to switch to PR dependant.DO I still need to switch to my wife's PR dependant or can stay in the current tier 2 dependant until I go my long resident in Oct 2018?

My question 2- If it has to be switched, then Can I able to apply as British child father category until I go my own long residence instead of my wife PR dependent? ( She is on her maternity so unable to show £18000)

I am looking forward to hearing from you ppl

Thank you.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: tier 2 dependant and switching to long residence

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:05 pm

IMO, if you are not travelling, u can continue and apply for ilr on LR. However, let others reply.
Do u work as well? U do know that u can combine salaries to make up 18600 required for your flrm.

LOWARAN
Newly Registered
India

Post by LOWARAN » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 am

iworker wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:05 pm
IMO, if you are not travelling, u can continue and apply for ilr on LR. However, let others reply.
Do u work as well? U do know that u can combine salaries to make up 18600 required for your flrm.
Thank you for your reply. Yea let's wait for some other's opinion. Yes I am working and also I know we can show combine income but still my wife last 12-month salary is enough to sponsor me but my concern is about the huge visa fees around £2500 just for another one year. 2016 I spent for 3 year tier2 dependant visa fee and this year if I spend ILR dependent then again I must spend another about 2500 to my long residence. That is why I plan to go directly ILR long residence route if I am legally allowed to do so.
thank you

LOWARAN
Newly Registered
India

Post by LOWARAN » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Anyone had similar situation and experience please reply.

I heard that only Dependents of tier 2 who apply 5 YEAR ILR route can stay in same dependent visa to apply their own ILR via the 5-year route.

my case is different, I am still in my wife's tier 2 dependent visa valid until July 2019.My wife switched to her own ILR on July 2017( long resident route she came Jan 2007).I can apply my own ILR in Oct 2018, LR route, as I came Oct 2008.

1)Is it possible and legal to stay still in tier 2 dependent visa with our switching ILR dependant?
2)if switching needed, what is the time limit to switch to ILR dependent?already I have been staying 3 months 3)if switching not needed, can I travel?

Will be appreciated your valuable reply guys