ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does TIER1 Means, only for those who are already in UK??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shah175

Does TIER1 Means, only for those who are already in UK??

Post by shah175 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:40 pm

Does TIER1 Means only for those who are already in UK??
I had prepared all my documents now i came to know that TIER 1 is only for those who are already in UK, and from 1 April it will be started in India. But how about rest of the world. Is opportunity finished for other countries to apply for UK? Please repy.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Yes.. Initially, Tier 1 is only for from within the UK. From 1st of April it will be from India as well. It hasn't been announced yet when it will be for other places. In the meantime, you can apply for HSMP under the existing (old) criteria.

Hope that helps.

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:09 pm

UKbound wrote:Yes.. Initially, Tier 1 is only for from within the UK. From 1st of April it will be from India as well. It hasn't been announced yet when it will be for other places. In the meantime, you can apply for HSMP under the existing (old) criteria.

Hope that helps.
Dear UKbound
Are u sure about that, `coz its not written as such on Border and immigration Agency website, that people outside UK can apply as per Old HSMP criteria, one more Q is that as per old HSMP IELTS is 6 and as per TIER 1 IELTS required 6.5 so which will be applied for those who are outside UK? please reply.

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:48 pm

UKbound has clearly answered you.
check http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/

Everyone applying from India before April 1 for initial application should apply on HSMP rules. From April 1 it is tier 1 for India. From Feb 29 it is Tier1 for UK. For rest of world it will be announced later.

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:25 pm

meer_iet wrote:UKbound has clearly answered you.
check http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/hsmp/

Everyone applying from India before April 1 for initial application should apply on HSMP rules. From April 1 it is tier 1 for India. From Feb 29 it is Tier1 for UK. For rest of world it will be announced later.
Many thanks UKbound and Meer..

jugnu
Newly Registered

Post by jugnu » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:37 am

So does that mean any one can apply for HSMP from India till 1st of April on the old criteria and the old fee of £400.??

anan_78
Newly Registered

Post by anan_78 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 am

jugnu wrote:So does that mean any one can apply for HSMP from India till 1st of April on the old criteria and the old fee of £400.??
Yes, I think you can apply for HSMP with old form & fee till 1st april from India.

What am not sure is can we apply for EC till end of march if you have HSMP approval? Can somebody clarify this please.

Thanks,

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:12 am

Yes.. if you apply from India before 1st of April, it's the old criteria. But - it's not a one-step process. So you'd apply for HSMP (for 400 pounds) and get approval first, and then apply for EC (for another 350 pounds)..

You can apply for EC on the Tier 1 programme if it's after 1st of April from India. In the meantime, you should apply for EC under the existing (old) way.

Hope that helps.

uk_amit
Newly Registered

Post by uk_amit » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Is there any hold time for the people who are applying from India...? If an application reaching by the last week of March, will it go as per the current (HSMP) rules or new (Tier1) rules ? Is there any time, which they will not accept the applications?

rgirhotra
Newly Registered

Post by rgirhotra » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 am

Hi,

If I get an HSMP approval before 1st April and then apply for EC after 1st April, I believe I will fall under the Tier 1.

If that is the case then I need to show 2800 pounds as maintenance funds.
Can anyone confirm that whether the funds have to be shown over a period of 3 months (i.e. there is an amount of 2800 pounds in my bank account consistently for the last three months) or I can simply make a deposit of 2800 pounds in my account and immediately apply for EC.

Another thing, even if I apply for EC before 1st April I still wont get it stamped before 1st April. In that case, will I fall under the new Tier 1 rules or the older rules.

Please clarify.

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:40 am

rgirhotra wrote:Hi,

If I get an HSMP approval before 1st April and then apply for EC after 1st April, I believe I will fall under the Tier 1.

If that is the case then I need to show 2800 pounds as maintenance funds.
Can anyone confirm that whether the funds have to be shown over a period of 3 months (i.e. there is an amount of 2800 pounds in my bank account consistently for the last three months) or I can simply make a deposit of 2800 pounds in my account and immediately apply for EC.

Another thing, even if I apply for EC before 1st April I still wont get it stamped before 1st April. In that case, will I fall under the new Tier 1 rules or the older rules.

Please clarify.
You will fall under transitional arrangements of tier 1. This allows u to get the required points of everything except maintenance of funds using the approval letter itself. for maintenance of funds u need to show funds to the tune of 2800 gbp ( for single app.) or 2800+ 1600 gbp (self and spouse applying together) in a bank account(s) where this balance has been maintained regularly and not dropped for:

a) according to some people for 3 months
b) according to a confusing posting on bia site for 1 month.

regards
Umesh Sethi