ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E refused, re-apply B4 AR is decided. Help! thanks

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

T1E refused, re-apply B4 AR is decided. Help! thanks

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 am

Dear all,
My T1E extension is refused. I firstly submitted AR. I then submitted a fresh T1E enclosing new documents while AR is pending. After my application fee was taken, AR was refused enclosing previous supporting documents. I then sent PREVIOUS supporting docs to AR department explaining I had a pending fresh application, I hope you can transfer my previous supporting docs to relevant team. (This is per HO telephone advice.)

Now PREVIOUS supporting doc returned by AR department says: 'We have rejected your reconsideration request. We will only reconsider once.'

My fresh application is still with the HO and biometric was completed.

My questions are:
1. Will my fresh application definitely be refused due to exhaust both AR and fresh Application at the same time?
2. Can I vary to Tier 2? If so, when to vary?

Thank you.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: T1E refused, re-apply B4 AR is decided. Help! thanks

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 am

Why was your original application refused ?
Why did you decide not to wait for your AR result ?
nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 am
1. Will my fresh application definitely be refused due to exhaust both AR and fresh Application at the same time?
I don't understand your question. You did not exhaust your AR - you withdrew your AR by sending in a fresh application. So the AR was not even considered. And your fresh application is still in process.
nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 am
2. Can I vary to Tier 2? If so, when to vary?
You can vary anytime
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 am

Thanks for your prompt reply.
1. Original T1E refused due to lack of cooperation tax. :-(
2. I decided not to wait for AR result is because I knew it won't be successful. I had just wanted to extend time to wait for my cooperation tax evidence arrived. I knew I was silly and ruined everything.
3. I don't think AR team was aware of my fresh application so they refused my AR.
4. Can I wait for the result of this fresh application and then apply Tier 2?
Thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 am
Thanks for your prompt reply.
1. Original T1E refused due to lack of cooperation tax. :-(
2. I decided not to wait for AR result is because I knew it won't be successful. I had just wanted to extend time to wait for my cooperation tax evidence arrived. I knew I was silly and ruined everything.
3. I don't think AR team was aware of my fresh application so they refused my AR.
4. Can I wait for the result of this fresh application and then apply Tier 2?
Thanks.
Sorry, I made a mistake in my earlier reply. You are now an overstayer from the date you made your fresh application.
You can''t wait for the fresh application. You are an overstayer now and if the decision on fresh application is done, then any T2 application will be rejected automatically
Last edited by marcnath on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 am

OIC. Thank you for your reply.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 am
OIC. Thank you for your reply.
I edited my earlier reply. You can vary your application to T2 anytime before a decision is made, but not after.

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:14 am

Thank you Marcnath. I actually called the HO yesterday. They can confirm that either choose AR or Re submission. Can't do both. However, they were not sure how case worker will consider my situation that fresh application was submitted B4 AR was decided. They also advised submission of T2 should be done AFTER the decision of fresh application. The emphanised that I have a valid pending application. So I can wait until fresh application is decided. I will still be given 14 days.

To be honest, I am not sure if HO is advising correctly. I have asked a few lawyers as well, proper lawyers and experienced consultants. No useful answers can be found.

It looks like I will have to pack up and leave the country......

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am

Hi Nudy

Would you please elaborate what do you mean by lack of cooperation Tax?

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 am

You will need to provide Corporation tax if you are director of a company.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 am
When did you apply for your visa?
Why you didn't pay the cooperation tax?
Explain your refusal in 2-3 lines?

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 am

Momi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am
nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 am
When did you apply for your visa?
Why you didn't pay the cooperation tax?
Hi,
1. First application was sub last yr. waited for more than 6 months refused. recent application sub in Sept.
2. I paid. But forgot to enclose this doc.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 am

A simple reapply could resolve that rather than going on AR.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:14 am
Thank you Marcnath. I actually called the HO yesterday. They can confirm that either choose AR or Re submission. Can't do both. However, they were not sure how case worker will consider my situation that fresh application was submitted B4 AR was decided. They also advised submission of T2 should be done AFTER the decision of fresh application. The emphanised that I have a valid pending application. So I can wait until fresh application is decided. I will still be given 14 days.

To be honest, I am not sure if HO is advising correctly. I have asked a few lawyers as well, proper lawyers and experienced consultants. No useful answers can be found.

Interesting advice from HO.
It is clear that an AR is considered withdrawn if a fresh application is made.
Making a fresh application
An administrative review application which is pending will be treated as withdrawn if the applicant makes an application for leave to enter or leave to remain.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_v8_0.pdf

However, I think they did not consider that you are already an overstayer when they said you can make a fresh application within 14 days, which is true only for rejection of the 1st application.

But if the lack of documents was the only reason for the initial rejection, it should go through on your current application - so, good luck.

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am

Momi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 am
A simple reapply could resolve that rather than going on AR.
Yes. I was silly.

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am
nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:14 am

Interesting advice from HO.
It is clear that an AR is considered withdrawn if a fresh application is made.
Making a fresh application
An administrative review application which is pending will be treated as withdrawn if the applicant makes an application for leave to enter or leave to remain.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_v8_0.pdf

However, I think they did not consider that you are already an overstayer when they said you can make a fresh application within 14 days, which is true only for rejection of the 1st application.

But if the lack of documents was the only reason for the initial rejection, it should go through on your current application - so, good luck.
Correct. I got your point. Although my AR was submitted within 14 days, my fresh application was submitted after 14 days of initial refusal. So I am already an overstayer.

So the only option for me is to pack up and leave the country right?
Thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

Correct. I got your point. Although my AR was submitted within 14 days, my fresh application was submitted after 14 days of initial refusal. So I am already an overstayer.

Thanks.
No, I don't think that is correct. Once you applied for AR within the time given, your Section 3C continued. Section 3C only ended when you sent in your fresh application, so you were not an overstayer when you sent your fresh application.
You became an overstayer only after your new application was accepted and does not affect your current application

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:48 am

Sorry to hear about this.

If the helpline said your new application is still pending, did you ask them if you can send your documents again?

nduy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nduy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 am
nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

Thanks.
No, I don't think that is correct. Once you applied for AR within the time given, your Section 3C continued. Section 3C only ended when you sent in your fresh application, so you were not an overstayer when you sent your fresh application.
You became an overstayer only after your new application was accepted and does not affect your current application
Thank you so much for your help. So can I vary my T1E to T2 now? I knew you have answered, but I want to confirm.
And I had asked HO today three times and also other lawyers and consultants. Surprisingly, no one was able to give me a definite answer.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 am
Thank you so much for your help. So can I vary my T1E to T2 now? I knew you have answered, but I want to confirm.
And I had asked HO today three times and also other lawyers and consultants. Surprisingly, no one was able to give me a definite answer.
I can appreciate no one can give you a definite answer as they don't speak for HO. Similarly, I can't either.

But, yes, I believe you can vary your T1E to T2 now.
1. Your current application is not subject to automatic refusal.
2. If you vary your application, the varied application is considered to have the same application date of the original application.

Based on those two, you should be able to vary your T1E to T2 before it is decided.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 am

nduy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:02 am
You can vary to Tier 2 General provided the sponsor has completed the full and proper RLMT process before issuing you a CoS.

You will also have to wind your business down immediately as you cannot be a director of a business on Tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 am

You will also have to wind your business down immediately as you cannot be a director of a business on Tier 2.
This is something I am not sure of. The Tier 2 conditions do not allow you to take up another employment, but owning a business should be ok. Also I would think being an unpaid Director even would not violate it as Directorship is not employment.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

I think anyone is allowed to be a director but cannot actively work in the business if on tier 2?