ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC Application - am I self sufficient or a permanent resident?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irishinamerica
Newly Registered

RC Application - am I self sufficient or a permanent resident?

Post by Irishinamerica » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am

Hi all-

I am about ready to tackle the RC application for my husband as his EEA FP expires at the end of December and we don't want his work to have any issue with him retaining his job.
I am a stay at home parent to our four children and my husband works full time and being born in Northern Ireland means I automatically have the right to reside in the U.K. - hence I have permanent residency here however since I don't have a PR document (other than my birth certificate) I am not sure I can use that section to apply so I think my only other option is as Self Sufficient? Perhaps I am incorrect but if anyone has guidance I would truly appreciate it. I have some concerns with the self sufficient route as even though we have full health insurance for myself and my husband the insurer made an error and my coverage didn't start until sept 1st rather than Aug 1st and I applied for child benefit not realising that could be against the self sufficiency rules.
Help please...I am beyond confused and anxious that I can't get my family settled and am hoping someone has perhaps been in a similar situation with a positive outcome.

Irishinamerica
Newly Registered

Re: RC Application - am I self sufficient or a permanent resident?

Post by Irishinamerica » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 am

Can anyone help?