ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in getting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delay in getting documents

Post by 78611 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi i want to have some opinions im very upset. I have applied for british naturalisation with my mum so basically its a family application. Everything went smoothly. Our status online update to decided on 12th oct 2017. My mum received her letter of approval and passport , documents everything back on 16th oct 2017. But there is no sign of my parcel. Im very upset as our decision day is same we applied and send our documents in same parcel. Even they send mine payslips in my mum parcel. I havent got mine . What should i do? If someone can help me with their knowledge pleaseee.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Delay in getting documents

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Just calm down.

Each application is processed on its own and separately even if they are sent together. There is no 'dependent Brititish citizenship' application concept. Each person applying must meet the requirements on their own.

The 12th was only a couple of days ago. Be patient and just wait for a bit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 pm
Just calm down.

Each application is processed on its own and separately even if they are sent together. There is no 'dependent Brititish citizenship' application concept. Each person applying must meet the requirements on their own.

I don't think so that this is correct.I have applied more than 2 years ago for my self and my 2 sons which one of them born in the UK and now is 7 years old and the other one grown in the UK since he was 9 years old but as I mentioned this is more than 2 years which non of us been naturalized.If you are right do you think why a kids application who born in the UK should take this long?

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 78611 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate that. I hope I will receive it soon without any trouble. Fingers crossed😔

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 pm
Just calm down.

I don't think so that this is correct.I have applied more than 2 years ago for my self and my 2 sons which one of them born in the UK and now is 7 years old and the other one grown in the UK since he was 9 years old but as I mentioned this is more than 2 years which non of us been naturalized.If you are right do you think why a kids application who born in the UK should take this long?
Please refrain from tagging your question onto another members topic, it is unfair to the OP. No one can tell you why it is taking so so long. Perhaps if you started your own topic and posted what your full immigration history is, someone can advise. Tagging onto long running topics as you have been recently, also won't often be seen by members.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 78611 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm

I received my documents back today unfortunately they refused mine application with reason that I should be in UK for 5 years. Even when I applied for my case in 2012 it's 3 years time law policy that time. I got mine indefinite on same rule. now i will apply after 2 years according to their reason provided.
Good luck to all thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 am

What is your full immigration history including the date you arrived in the UK?

How old are you?

When did you get ILR?

What is the relevance of '2012 it's 3 years time law"??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

navinw

Post by navinw » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 am

78611 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm
I received my documents back today unfortunately they refused mine application with reason that I should be in UK for 5 years. Even when I applied for my case in 2012 it's 3 years time law policy that time. I got mine indefinite on same rule. now i will apply after 2 years according to their reason provided.
Good luck to all thanks.
Sorry to hear that 78611
when did you enter in UK ?