ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request Passport Return

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamzaa9
Newly Registered

Request Passport Return

Post by hamzaa9 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am

I am a Pakistani citizen living in Dubai and applied for UK spouse visa from Dubai.

I have to travel Pakistan for some urgent personal reason, Is there anyway i can request my passport back without the withdrawal of my application???

Or else what i can do???

sam550
United Kingdom

Re: Request Passport Return

Post by sam550 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 am

hamzaa9 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 am
I am a Pakistani citizen living in Dubai and applied for UK spouse visa from Dubai.

I have to travel Pakistan for some urgent personal reason, Is there anyway i can request my passport back without the withdrawal of my application???

Or else what i can do???

Hey sorry to hear about that, hope everything get sorted for you soon.
You can get all the relevant information on this link https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
And yes you can request passport back from UKVI but it will consider as your withdrawing you application unfortunately.

hamzaa9
Newly Registered

Post by hamzaa9 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:21 am

I went to the VFS office in Dubai they said the same that you have to cancel the application to get your passport back. But when i explained about my emergency situation the person referred me to their manager and she said that you can request them through us to get the service Keep My Passport without cancelling your application. But she said it is not guaranteed that they will accept your request but if they did than you have to pay AED 250 and you can collect your passport.

And when they will request your passport you have to submit it back.

hamzaa9
Newly Registered

Post by hamzaa9 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 pm

I went to VFS Dubai office to check update on my passport. And they informed me that your application is already processed and i got my passport with visa today.