ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse coming to UK to improve English

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Spouse coming to UK to improve English

Post by ReturningHome » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 am

Hi,

My wife has tried the A1 life skills test twice and as yet hasn't been successful. Rather than keep repeating the cycle, which is stressful for her, I would like to bring her to the UK as a visitor for 3-4 months and immerse her in good quality teaching. Then when she has passed her exam, return to her home country and apply for the spousal visa.

Her passport (non-EEA) allows her to visit the UK without visa for 180 days and I will clearly cover all costs. However, I'm slightly nervous that the immigration officers would suspect she was coming to live and would not leave as she will be joining her husband.

I'm a British citizen with a comfortable level of income so there's no need for us to do anything untoward. However, I would hate to risk anything that would later jeopardise her formal application.

Does this sound like a legitimate concern or am I being over cautious?