ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice period and Tier 2 validity

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Notice period and Tier 2 validity

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi All,

A have the following question please: my current notice period is 3 months. If I give a notice to my employer (or they give me) will my Tier 2 be invalid immediately after 3 months or I will serve my 3 months notice and after that will have another 3 months to find a new job? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Notice period and Tier 2 validity

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Your employer only notifies HO within 10 days of your last date of employment that they are no longer sponsoring you.
after that will have another 3 months to find a new job
Not sure what you mean by this or what the reason behind the question is?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks a lot!

Well as far as I know when one leaves employer under Tier 2 they still have 60 days to find another job or change their visa type? Or this is a wrong information? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes, but you stated 3 months!!

There are two 60 day issues and they are completely separate.

1. 60 days curtailment letter, which takes a couple/few months to get sent out. This effectively reduces the validity of your visa to 60 days (if it is longer than 60 days) and you need to make another application within that time or leave within that time up to the 60th day.

2. For ILR - you cannot have an employment gap of more than 60 days, calculated from the date of last employment to the date of a new application being made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Sorry my bad!

So to confirm I will have 3 months notice period AND 60 days to get a new visa? After that 60 days my visa will be cancelled and I will be considered illegal in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Your notice period is completely irrelevant to the two separate 60 days issues.

You are misunderstanding.

Your visa is only curtailed/cancelled when HO sends the letter, this could be a few months after your last date of employment. If you do not leave the UK by the last date of the curtailment letter, then you will be an overstayer yes but it is NOT 60 days after your last date of employment.

If your aim is to get ILR at some point, the separate issue of no more than 60 days employment gap is the one you should worry about more. The employment gap of 60 days issue is written in the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for this!