ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need my passport back while extension is in progress

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Devin
Pakistan

Need my passport back while extension is in progress

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi all

My Tier 1 extension application is in progress. I need to take life in the UK test but I need my passport back. I dont have any other photo ID.

Can I request my passport back just for the test.

Would it have any impact on my application. I know it might delay the process but currently UKvi is no rush to decide the applications anyway. I received complex letter end of August 2017.

How long do they usually take to process such request and would there be any time scale for me to return the passport.

Would really appreciate response. Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Need my passport back while extension is in progress

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Yes, you can request the passport back for identity purposes without impacting the application.

Go to https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml for full details.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:44 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm
Yes, you can request the passport back for identity purposes without impacting the application.

Thank you for your response.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

marcnath wrote:

Do you know if there is any time limit or maximum time I am allowed to keep my passport before I must return them. I will book the test after I receive my document so want to make sure I have enough time in case I fail my test etc.

Regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Devin wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm
marcnath wrote:

Do you know if there is any time limit or maximum time I am allowed to keep my passport before I must return them. I will book the test after I receive my document so want to make sure I have enough time in case I fail my test etc.

Regards
I don't and I haven't gone through the form. I suspect you will have to give details and make your request as to how long you need it, etc. I am sure HO will be able to accommodate that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm
Devin wrote:
marcnath wrote:

Regards
I don't and I haven't gone through the form. I suspect you will have to give details and make your request as to how long you need it, etc. I am sure HO will be able to accommodate that.
Alright. Thanks again. Appreciate your help.

HRA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by HRA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Devin wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 pm
marcnath wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:41 pm
Devin wrote:
marcnath wrote:

Regards
Alright. Thanks again. Appreciate your help.
Make sure you select NO in both questions of Withdrawal and travelling purpose and explain in the description box that you need it for ID purpose only.
They will probably give you 28 days to return it back

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 pm

HRA wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 pm
Make sure you select NO in both questions of Withdrawal and travelling purpose and explain in the description box that you need it for ID purpose only.
They will probably give you 28 days to return it back
Thanks. I will do that. Just want ask did you requested your passport while application in progress?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 am

Hi Devin,
Can you please let me know after how many day you got your passport back from ukvi, after passport return request?

Any other member’s experience about getting back passport for ID perpose from ukvi? How long it take and for how many days they give passport?

Best regards

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:23 am

amnaali03 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 am
Hi Devin,
Can you please let me know after how many day you got your passport back from ukvi, after passport return request?

Any other member’s experience about getting back passport for ID perpose from ukvi? How long it take and for how many days they give passport?

Best regards
Hello

Passports arrived within 4 days. Requested on Monday and received on Thursday. There was a letter with passports which stated that passports should be returned to HO within 28 days.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 am

Devin thanks a lot for quick reply.
Regards