ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport holder and my wife on Spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

camelot
Newly Registered

British Passport holder and my wife on Spouse visa

Post by camelot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Hello All,

My ILR date 30/07/2012
My Naturalisation done 12/10/2015 and got my British Passport 15/12/2015.
My first daughter born 12/09/2015 and got her British Passport November 2015
My second baby born 03/07/17 and did not apply for British passport yet.

My wife on spouse visa from May 2015 and worked couple of months before second baby born. Now she cannot work at all as because of baby growing up. Her dependent visa extension due on December 2017.

I am earning £28,600 yearly full-time employment + part time on and off roughly £1,000 yearly. I claim child benefit (£20+£13) weekly. In fact, I could not maintain my family expense. My priority is to extend my wife visa. I believe the money I am earning is enough to extend my wife visa.

Now, I would like to apply for Local Housing Allowance, Child Tax credit and Council Tax reduction and so on. I am sure I will not receive full amount of benefit. But I may receive better than nothing which may be great help. My: -

Question 1. I claim child benefit (£20+£13) weekly. Does it affect to extending my wife visa?

Question 2. If I claim any other benefit and ended up with some benefit e.g. (Local Housing Allowance, Child Tax credit and Council Tax reduction). Will it affect my wife visa extension?

Question 3. Considering my whole circumstance, will it affect to apply for wife ILR in future?

If anyone could answer my questions, I will greatly appreciate that and thanks for patient to read my case.

Regards, Mir

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport holder and my wife on Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Question 1. I claim child benefit (£20+£13) weekly. Does it affect to extending my wife visa?
No issue if you are claiming in YOUR name.
Question 2. If I claim any other benefit and ended up with some benefit e.g. (Local Housing Allowance, Child Tax credit and Council Tax reduction). Will it affect my wife visa extension?
Unlikely you will qualify with your level of income. Child tax credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.
Question 3. Considering my whole circumstance, will it affect to apply for wife ILR in future?
You need to prove you can accommodate your partner with your income without relying on benefits basically. Child benefits and tax credits if claimed correctly is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks for your reply. If we both apply for child tax credits- will it be checked by home office when I will apply for my wife visa extension and ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 am

camelot wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 am
Thanks for your reply. If we both apply for child tax credits- will it be checked by home office when I will apply for my wife visa extension and ILR?
Yes it will be checked but will not affect visa or ILR. You MUST claim child tax credits in JOINT names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.