ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1entrepreneur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Am I eligible for Naturalisation

Post by tier1entrepreneur » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Dear Members,

I am planning to applying for naturalisation.

I am not sure if i am eligable or my application will be refused.

Here is a breif information about me:

1) Living in the UK for last 13 years (Entered UK in 2004)
2) Currently hold ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency was granted last year in Oct
3) Have a child born in UK currently holds British Passport.

I am aware that i can apply for Naturalisation after one year of my ILR but my case is not simple and straight forwad so would your expert opinion.

My ILR was refused in 2014 because i had a 37 days gap in my residency. Which i appealed and won the case and granted ILR in 2016.

My Immigration History.

I came to UK in 2004 as student.
In Nov 2009 I applied for student visa extension but my application was returned to me as invalid due to a payment issue. The invalid letter was sent to me on 10th March 2010 (almost after 100 days) asking me to sent the application with a new payment method.
While i was waiting for my visa, In Feb 2010 i found out my college lost the sponsor license and the college refused to pay my fees back.

So when i received the invalid application letter Dated 10th March 2010 :
a) I didn't had my passport with me
b) I didn't had the invalid leave
c) I didnt had the valid sponsor

Then i started to look for a new sponsor so that i can apply for the visa. No college or university was ready to give an admission due to my situation of not having a valid visa and passport.

Finally i managed to get a CAS letter from sponsor and sent the application again on 15th April was almost 37 days after i receivd the invalid application letter.

I should have applied with in 28 days but obviously the situation was beyond my control.

Now as per determination of my ILR court hearing judge given the decion in my favour because i managed to proof that i had the enough funds in my account at time when they were not able to take the payment. And also home office was failed to provide any evidence. Plus Judge put the burden on HO by saying that HO took more than 3 months to inform the applicant about the invlaid application.

HO also didn't sent me a letter to inform me about my sponsor losing a license and give 60 days to find a another sponsor.

In short the decision was complety in favour putting the complete blame on H.O.

Now my question is if i now apply for naturalisation what are my chances ?

If i apply for do i need to explain all these to the case worker with all the supporting documents.

or shall i just apply as normal and see what will be result.

I am sorry for the long post but my case isn't simple and straight forward.

Hope to get some feedback from you guys.

Please feel free to ask any more question if i have missed any vital information.

Regards,