ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi people EU1 registration question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narsilionh

Hi people EU1 registration question

Post by narsilionh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi people I'm going to simple introduce my self before question
I'm non Eu country person from far east Asia and my wife is British. we submitted EU1 form
I got a letter form eutreatyrights office for temporary 6months stamp under the EU1 Form

I booked the registration yesterday on online and a booking system question made me little confused.
the question is <is this a family application?> (Primary applicant plus spouse,child, parents only)

me and my european wife that's all we don't have child or parent so I said 'NO' for the question
it was right ?. me and my wife still don't understand what that question means. should I say Yes? or NO

also I have another question technically my tousit visa is expired now but the eutreatyrights officer said

as soon as we submitted the eu1 form I have permission to stay this country even though my visa expired.
I have little worry if my expired tourist visa make any problem at the registration day.

dupalsky

Re: Hi people EU1 registration question

Post by dupalsky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Hey Body,

First of all Welcome to this forum!

1) your answer to the question is right. Some application can be family application, in this case they will need to choose that option. But in your case, it is a single application and you need to to indicate as such.

2) once you submit your eu1 application, the expiration of the visa you came into the country with doesn't really matter.

Dupalsky

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm

You are fine, my husband was in the same situation with the visa expiration, but so long as the EU1 form has been submitted you dont have to worry, you are legally entitled to be here and it won't be questioned at your appointment.

narsilionh

Post by narsilionh » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:37 pm

dupalsky wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 pm
Hey Body,

First of all Welcome to this forum!

1) your answer to the question is right. Some application can be family application, in this case they will need to choose that option. But in your case, it is a single application and you need to to indicate as such.

2) once you submit your eu1 application, the expiration of the visa you came into the country with doesn't really matter.

Dupalsky
Thanks so much your help It's really put my mind at ease

narsilionh

Post by narsilionh » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm
You are fine, my husband was in the same situation with the visa expiration, but so long as the EU1 form has been submitted you dont have to worry, you are legally entitled to be here and it won't be questioned at your appointment.
Yea I was kind of worried about it If they ask me about the visa but It's really fine now your answer really made me feel relieved because you was in same situation so I can be more sure about it thanks a lot.

henbabani
Newly Registered

Post by henbabani » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 pm

hi, how long it took you to get the 6 months visa?

thanks