ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice please on extending visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k1klass
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Advice please on extending visa

Post by k1klass » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 am

I do apologise if I have posted in the wrong forum its all a bit confusing to me.

My wife came from Thailand in 2012 with my baby daughter on a spouse visa and I had already sorted out my daughter's british passport before travel.

She has been attending the local collage every year but failed 1 year which she had to do again, she is only now on her final year to attain the full english requirements and then we will start on the life in the uk test.

The initial spouse visa was for 30 months and we have extended this for another 30 months which runs out in 31 May 2018.

We are now looking to extend this again as its due before the end of the school year so we wont be able to apply for extend leave to remain.

I just have a few questions/ help if anyone can please.

My daughter is a UK citizen so we only have to show earnings above £18600 or is it still plus one child and £22400?

When should we complete the online application when it runs out in 31 may 2018?

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa - form FLR(M) is this correct?

Current cost is £993 + £500 NHS surcharge

Will we have to extend another 30 months or can we get a parent 10 years?

thanks in advance for any help it really is appreciated

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Advice please on extending visa

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 pm

k1klass wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 am
I do apologise if I have posted in the wrong forum its all a bit confusing to me.

My wife came from Thailand in 2012 with my baby daughter on a spouse visa and I had already sorted out my daughter's british passport before travel.

She has been attending the local collage every year but failed 1 year which she had to do again, she is only now on her final year to attain the full english requirements and then we will start on the life in the uk test.

The initial spouse visa was for 30 months and we have extended this for another 30 months which runs out in 31 May 2018.

We are now looking to extend this again as its due before the end of the school year so we wont be able to apply for extend leave to remain.

My daughter is a UK citizen so we only have to show earnings above £18600 or is it still plus one child and £22400?

When should we complete the online application when it runs out in 31 may 2018?

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa - form FLR(M) is this correct?

Current cost is £993 + £500 NHS surcharge

Will we have to extend another 30 months or can we get a parent 10 years?

You need only £18600 if your daughter is British. Your wife can apply for ILR ( indefinite leave to remain) application form Set(M) based on family life as a setlled/british partner (5 year route if she was granted 30 months limited leave as a partner under Appendix FM and have completed at least 60 months with such leave). She need to pass English language qualification( SELT test either the Trinity College London or IELTS SELT Consortium test at level B1) , life in the uk test . Fees for set(M) is £2297 for standard applications made by post and no health surcharge when apply for ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice please on extending visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 am

k1klass wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 am

She has been attending the local collage every year but failed 1 year which she had to do again, she is only now on her final year to attain the full english requirements and then we will start on the life in the uk test. Why is she doing a whole college course? She only needs to do the 10/15 minute B2 speaking'/listening test for ILR and LIUK.

My daughter is a UK citizen so we only have to show earnings above £18600 or is it still plus one child and £22400? £18,600pa

When should we complete the online application when it runs out in 31 may 2018? You need to apply for either ILR or an extesnsion before the visa expires.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa - form FLR(M) is this correct? Yes

Current cost is £993 + £500 NHS surcharge For postal applications yes. In person same day decision is an extra £590. Also note that the fees are increased every year in April so it will likely cost more than £993.

Will we have to extend another 30 months or can we get a parent 10 years? She doesn't qualify for the parent route.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.