ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application but no CSI! please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monkeyapple
Newly Registered
Poland

Citizenship application but no CSI! please help

Post by monkeyapple » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what to do: I received a permanent residency card last year. I got it as a wife of EEA national (we are both polish) who was employed in the UK for the past 7 years. I did not disclose any of my details on the application. Now we both want to apply for citizenship and my husband will get it (I hope) but I was a PhD student for 3 out of the 5 qualifying years and I did not have CSI. I was also employed by the university as a research assistant/demonstrator and received monthly grant on top of my demonstrating salary. The question is: will they ask about the CSI if I already have the permanent residency card? I tried to find info online but it looks like most refers to residency application. Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Citizenship application but no CSI! please help

Post by JAJ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:42 pm

As I understand it- if you were the spouse/dependent of an EEA worker, there was no need for you to have CSI yourself. In any case, if you have a PR document then I think it is unlikely that the question would be asked.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

monkeyapple
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Citizenship application but no CSI! please help

Post by monkeyapple » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes I applied as a spouse of an EEA worker but my PR card is identical to my husband’s card- there is no indication I am or was a dependant.

So I can write on the natualisation application that I was a PhD student without worrying I will be asked about the CSI? We have an appointment at the National Checking Service office which will send our application, do you think it is a safe place to enquire about it? Or is it better to keep quite?