ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa - Indian arrange marriage question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

UK spouse visa - Indian arrange marriage question

Post by gjosh2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am planning to apply for my wifes spouse visa from India. I am a naturalised british citizen and meet finance requirement and my wife has passed a UKVI IELTS A1 exam. We were married on 2nd Oct 2017 and this was an arranged marriage planned by our parents through indian matrimony sites (very common in Indian culture)

My question is regardin communication history and subsisiting relationship, since we only started talking from June 19th 2017 Onwards via wattsapp and facebook, we don not have a very long communication history. I am now back in UK and we are talking / video call on daily basis. I have enough comm history post 19June and also post my marriage once I arrive back in UK. Will this short duration before marriage and after marriage going to be a risk for my Wife's spouse visa? What additional documents I can provide to ensure a successful visa. Your advice will be really helful.

blok242
Newly Registered

Re: UK spouse visa - Indian arrange marriage question

Post by blok242 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:06 am

You can provide dates and place where you met and how often you communicated. There are no specific rules or guidelines for subsisting marriage. However provide as much information as you possibly can, and explain the situation in the cover letter.

Another thing to bear in mind is whether this is a genuine 'arranged marriage' or a more modern form of indian marriage where your parents helped you find a partner through dating/matrimonial websites and then you dated/met them few times and decided to get married.
As the definition of an arranged marriage is where the parents make the decision and the bride-groom have no say/or are not consulted in the process, which I think doesn't happen anymore.

Again whatever is the case just explain it in the cover letter. How you met, where you met, how often did you communicate, why you got married, etc. The answers dont need to be unique, just be honest.
I am not an expert but it is my opinion based on my experience with this visa process

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:39 am

Thanks block, do you know any cover letter formats that i can use? and second does a small comm history and a small duration where me and my spouse know each other personally can be a refusal reason?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm

For that purposes you must write a covering letter or write well in additional info section that it's an arrange marriage and you don't have subsisting relationship evidence before marriage. There is no template available for covering letter but you can use your own grammatically correct easy language.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Thanks a lot seagull, I will compile a list of document and will present in the forum. one more question, is there a premium service avaiable for spouse visa from outside uk?

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:50 pm

gjosh2 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:42 pm
is there a premium service avaiable for spouse visa from outside uk?
Yes, obviously. However, currently there are massive delays.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi Gurus, the other question I have is that in my flat which i am renting as a occupant named in tenancy agreement I had a friend staying for 4 months and due to leave by end of month (before i submit my application), i have notified same to ccouncil as well. Do I need to mention his name in VF4A form?

also second question is, I have a roling contract now, I have my tenancy agreement which was done 2.5 years back, its a 2 bed + living room+ Spam & bath appartment. Will my old tenancy agreement + a letter from letting agent confirming that i still occpy this property will be enough to meet accomodation requirement for spouse visa?

many thanks for your time for replying me.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi Gurus,
can any one please respond to my above query.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:21 pm

gjosh2 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 pm
Hi Gurus, the other question I have is that in my flat which i am renting as a occupant named in tenancy agreement I had a friend staying for 4 months and due to leave by end of month (before i submit my application), i have notified same to ccouncil as well. Do I need to mention his name in VF4A form?

also second question is, I have a roling contract now, I have my tenancy agreement which was done 2.5 years back, its a 2 bed + living room+ Spam & bath appartment. Will my old tenancy agreement + a letter from letting agent confirming that i still occpy this property will be enough to meet accomodation requirement for spouse visa?

many thanks for your time for replying me.
If your friend (temporary resident) will be gone by application time then don't mention his name. Regarding tenancy agreement then request for a newly dated tenancy agreement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Thanks Seagul, some more follow-up questions if you can help please,

As mine was an arranged marriage which is pre-dominant in Indian culture, and hence does not have much of comm history, should I attach my wattsapp chat history screen shots from June onwards, call logs from watssapp, FB messages screen shots pre and post wedding ? will this help ECO for relationship proof.

I will also add my marriage registry document, do you think I should add screen shots of our profiles in matrimony sites along with online horscope matching report so that ECO can understand why we were good match for each other? or is this too much of information?

Also do I (who is sponsor and british citizen) needs to send my original passport ? as per my understanding photocopies should be fine, can you please confirm?

Many thanks for your time on reviewing my post.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:06 am

Like you were advised earlier to provide as much evidence you can with the cover letter stating how you met your spouse. Do send pictures of wedding and before / after

ECO wants to be satisfied that you have a genuine and subsisting relationship.

This is what we provided :

60 photos of wedding and before/after of us and with family.
WhatsApp chat log (Oct 15 to Date of submission)
WhatsApp chat screenshots
WhatsApp call screenshots
Skype calls screenshots
Gifts exchange
Cards exchange
Money transfer Western union receipts
Boarding passes, Hotel Bills, Airline Tickets for 2 visits to Pakistan (March 16, September 16)
Marriage certificate along with English Urdu Nikkah Nama
Parcels exchange receipts (8 in total)

You can send certified copy of your passport. No need to send original.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks, can some one please confirm if i provide enough information in cover letter, on why we considered each other as good match e.g. same community, horscope (matching report) etc... does a short time frame for knowing each other can go against our visa ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:16 pm

Your apprehension over subsisting relation issue is valid because it's very crucial. But as advised earlier that wisely you should repeatedly indicate the caseworker that it's arranged marriage by parents, so only the evidences post wedding will be available. You can read the following official chapter and even can refer to caseworker over it especially point 3.0.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -FM2.1.pdf

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:16 pm
Your apprehension over subsisting relation issue is valid because it's very crucial. But as advised earlier that wisely you should repeatedly indicate the caseworker that it's arranged marriage by parents, so only the evidences post wedding will be available. You can read the following official chapter and even can refer to caseworker over it especially point 3.0.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -FM2.1.pdf
Many thanks seagul, i had one further question, my wifes name in marriage registry certificate is her married name, but i am applying using her maiden name as her passport is in her maiden name, her english language certificate will also be in her maiden name and so is TB certificate too as they always use passport name. will that be fine?

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Dear senior members,
I will be highly greatful if you can spare some time for my above query. Many thanks in advance.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:27 am

Dear Gurus,
can some one please help, I am planning to submit my application next week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 am

No issue re passport/maiden name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:34 am

Thanks CR001, that was really re-assuring.
Apologies for asking 1 more query... do i need to explain any credits which are from friends cos of sharing on trips / outings/ loan return from friends.

I meet the salary criteria comfortably only based on my salary which is shown in my statements and matches my payslips under cat A. Is it fine if i highlight salary entries in the statement?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:46 pm

gjosh2 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:34 am
Apologies for asking 1 more query... do i need to explain any credits which are from friends cos of sharing on trips / outings/ loan return from friends.

I meet the salary criteria comfortably only based on my salary which is shown in my statements and matches my payslips under cat A. Is it fine if i highlight salary entries in the statement?
If meeting financial requirement by job then simply attach the 6 months official version bank statements without attempting to edit/highlight anything. Most importantly your payslips must corresponds to the credits into bank statements.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:46 pm
gjosh2 wrote:

If meeting financial requirement by job then simply attach the 6 months official version bank statements without attempting to edit/highlight anything. Most importantly your payslips must corresponds to the credits into bank statements.
Many Thanks Seagul, my salary credits will match my payslips. I am asking about any other credits that will be there in my bank statements? do i need to clarify them?
also do i need to submit copies of my Visa stamp pages as well and does Post Offfice certification of my passport will be accepted by UKVI?

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Dear CR001 and Seagul, i will be highly obliged if you can spare some time for responding to my above question. Many thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:31 pm

gjosh2 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:46 pm
gjosh2 wrote:

Many Thanks Seagul, my salary credits will match my payslips. I am asking about any other credits that will be there in my bank statements? do i need to clarify them?
also do i need to submit copies of my Visa stamp pages as well and does Post Offfice certification of my passport will be accepted by UKVI?
As you asked then being replied as above that if you meeting financial requirements through employment then credits from others into your bank accounts will have no affect at all.
And if you can't send original passport then as per the members and other seniors who replied in many threads that you should notarized the photopies of that. I have also heard that post office charge very nominal fee and certify the copies which are acceptable.

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 am

Many thanks Seagul, and apologies for repeating. I guess its just the last min nervousness !

gjosh2
Newly Registered
India

Post by gjosh2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Dear Gurus,
can you please review & share feedback on my list for documents that I am planning to provide for spouse visa application.

Applicant documents -
- Letter of introduction
- Applicant Passport
- Applicant passport size photo (with light gray background)
- complete applciation online application form and signed.
- TB certificate
- IELETS Life skills A1 certificate

Sponsor documents -
- Cover letter confirming the support of applicant's application for Spouse visa
- Certified copy of UK passport - bio page and stamped pages
- certified copy of OCI (unlimited india visa)
- VAF4A Appendix 2 complete form (hand filled)

Financial requirement (CAT A) -
- Letter of Employement by employer stating position, job starting date, salary, and that the role is permanent.
- 6 months payslip, stamped by HR as true copies.
- 6 month payslips, internet statements (stamped by bank in all pages).
- Job history by HMRC for tax year 2016-2017. Confirming salary earned and tax paid.
- P60 from current employer & P45 from previous employer (stating same figure as in above point from HMRC)
- Orginal employemnt offer letter from aug 2016.

Accomodation requirement -
- Tenancy agreement ONLY in my name ( signed on OCt 2017) valid till april 2017.
- Letter of no objection from letting agent for my wife to live in this property and stating that i have occupied this place from 2015 onwards.
- recent Utility bills (Water and Electricity)

Subsisting Marriage -
- Registration of marriage certificate
- Wedding cards (both from my side and my wife's side)
- Wedding Pics (10 pics showing both us and also with our families and friends)
- Our pics together (10 pics and some with friends)
- Receipts of gift send to her on our first month anniversary
- Wattsapp chat logs from 19th June till date
- Wattsapp call logs showing we are talking on a daily basis (this is from Aug 2017 onwards)
- Wattapp call logs & video call logs post my return to UK after wedding in oct 2017.
- Also mentioning in cover letter that this is an arranged marriage and an arrange marriage is pre-dominant in Indian culture. providing some brief background on why we consider each other a good match
- Horoscope matching report / screen shots from our matrimony profile (additional docs)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Preferably don't attach HMRC job history, P45, P60 since you are meeting the financial requirement via category A for which only 6 months payslips with corresponding bank statements and employer letter need. Additional documents can cause confusion while precised relevant documents can smoother process.