ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acommodation rules for spouse visa UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rafaelasales
Newly Registered
Brazil

Acommodation rules for spouse visa UK

Post by rafaelasales » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Hello,

I am about to apply for a spouse visa to the UK.
I currently live with my husband in Brazil, and we are going to be moving to Scotland next year. He's been living here for a few years now.
As soon as we go back to Scotland, he will buy a house, so we were thinking about renting an apartment for a couple months while looking for the right one. The problem is: the requirement for the visa is a rental contract of at least six months, which we won't be able to provide.
We also have the option to stay at my husband's parents' house, which would be tremendously uncomfortable for us, as it is truly far away from the city center.
Has anyone ever been through a similar problem? If my husband could show he has the money for a deposit to buy a house and declare he has this intention to do so while also having the possibility of living with his parents if it doesn't work out, could we just show the contract for a rented flat that we would use for a couple months?

Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Acommodation rules for spouse visa UK

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 pm

In this case if the parents home in same city where the sponsor is working then it should be the best option.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Who said requirement for the visa is a rental contract of at least six months ? :?

as far I know you/your sponsor need following documents to prove your accommodation requirements

tenancy agreement ( often Assured shorthold tenancies )
Utility Bills( gals, electric or water) and council tax on sponsor names
Letter from lanlord if possible
property inpection report if living with others to make sure that property is not over crowded etc

Read this

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:10 pm

My suggestion would be to apply with your in-law's offer of accommodation and look for your own flat once you arrive in the UK. When my husband and I relocated we did exactly this without a problem.

Your in-laws would have to provide a letter of invitation and/or whichever of the following applies:
If rented, written permission from the landlord for you to stay in the property
If mortgaged, a copy of the mortgage agreement
If owned outright, a copy of the property deeds.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.