ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling through Spain to London - Do I need a transit visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DirkDiggler123
Newly Registered
Nepal

Travelling through Spain to London - Do I need a transit visa?

Post by DirkDiggler123 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Hello,

I am a Nepalese passport holder and I will be travelling from Brazil to London with some layover in Spain. I am not sure if I need a transit visa. I hold an ILR visa in the UK but I lost my Residence Permit while in Brazil. I applied for and received my one-time entry visa to the UK. I would like to know the visa requirements before I book the flight. The airline for this flight is AirEuropa if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

mgb

Re: Travelling through Spain to London - Do I need a transit visa?

Post by mgb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Citizen of Nepal need only a transit visa in 3 schengen countries. Spain is not listed.
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites ... sts_en.pdf

Leaving the international transit area is not allowed.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am

DirkDiggler123 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 pm
Hello,

I am a Nepalese passport holder and I will be travelling from Brazil to London with some layover in Spain. I am not sure if I need a transit visa. I hold an ILR visa in the UK but I lost my Residence Permit while in Brazil. I applied for and received my one-time entry visa to the UK. I would like to know the visa requirements before I book the flight. The airline for this flight is AirEuropa if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.
I'd imagine the last visa will invalidate your ILR too.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am
DirkDiggler123 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
I'd imagine the last visa will invalidate your ILR too.....
No it does not. It is a specific single entry visa if a BRP is lost abroad and not a visitor visa. OP can apply for a replacement ILR BRP in the UK only, hence the single entry visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm

DirkDiggler123 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
You stated in another topic below that you are back in the UK and have applied for your replacement BRP??

british-citizenship/am-i-eligible-for-n ... l#p1550387
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DirkDiggler123
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by DirkDiggler123 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm
DirkDiggler123 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
You stated in another topic below that you are back in the UK and have applied for your replacement BRP??

british-citizenship/am-i-eligible-for-n ... l#p1550387
Yeah. That was just because I didn't feel like explaining the whole ordeal. Sorry for the confusion.