ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Friend's visitors visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunnydaylana
Newly Registered

Friend's visitors visa refused

Post by Sunnydaylana » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi All,
We just wanted to share our experience and perhaps ask for advice.
We wanted to have a childhood friend from Ukraine over for Christmas, and therefore apply for his visitors visa supplying all the necessary documents: bank statements, payslips, proof of income, mortgage statement, etc. In the invitation letter, my hubbie, who is a British Citizen and acts as the inviting party / sponsor stated his clear intention to pay for the visit in full ( which he was already honouring by paying for the visa fee).

Our friend doesn't earn too much (it's quite common for the region, and average salaries are not too higher anyway), but has some savings and a family (spouse & daughter) in Ukraine. He showed some minimal, yet sufficient balance on his account. He has never travelled abroad, EU or let alone the UK, but as we were hoping to cover his expenses and stay in full we were hoping Home office could be sensible?

There's no formal way to appeal, and the letter clearly states that subsequent applications will be rejected but for personal circumstances change.

Could anyone offer some thoughts, advise on the situation? Any opinions and precious experiences with similar situations will be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Friend's visitors visa refused

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am

What evidence of financial, social, family, property, employment ties did the friend submit with their application?

How long did the friend state they were visiting for?

What is the exact wording of the refusal, taking out any personal information?
we were hoping Home office could be sensible?
They follow the rules and requirements.

There are no appeal rights for refused visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sunnydaylana
Newly Registered

Re: Friend's visitors visa refused

Post by Sunnydaylana » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:59 am
What evidence of financial, social, family, property, employment ties did the friend submit with their application?

we were hoping Home office could be sensible?
They follow the rules and requirements.

There are no appeal rights for refused visitor visas.
Hi CR001, thank you for your response.

- Applicant submitted:
Letter from employer stating his position and monthly income. (translated and certified by notary in to English)
Bank statement of his savings account (standard bank statement - but this did not show a detailed transaction history, only the current balance) - this amounted to £1000 available funds (already provided in English and Ukrainian as standard with official stamp)
Marriage Certificate to his spouse (translated and certified by notary in to English)
Birth Certificate of their daughter (translated and certified by notary in to English)
Documents proving part ownership of 2 properties (translated and certified by notary in to English)
Sponsor's invitation letter with declaration to pay for all expenses, travel and accommodation
Sponsor's evidence of UK citizenship, employment (position and salary at a reputable company), 3 months payslip, 3 months saving account bank statement (transactions itemised) and mortgage statement as evidence of accommodation.

- 12 days

Extract form letter>>
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of paragraph(s) 4 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors.

You have declared in your visa application form that you are employed as xxxxxxx earning the equivalent of £90 a month and that you are married with one dependent child. You also state that you propose to travel to the UK
alone to visit a friend for twelve days. You have further stated that you and your sponsor will meet
the costs of your proposed visit. However:

- I must also consider the evidence of your personal circumstances and funding as
demonstrated by you. In doing so, I can only consider translated documents (into English,
as required) as reliable evidence. You have stated that you will personally spend £1000 on
your proposed visit. I consider the personal cost of your proposed visit to be over ten times
your stated net monthly income even before financial commitments have been deducted. It
has not been explained how such proposed expenditure is reasonable, especially as you
have stated that your sponsor will also give you £2000.

- As evidence of you funds you have submitted a bank statement cover letter in your own
name. However, this letter gives a balance only and transactions are not shown: whilst I
have considered the documents submitted I am not satisfied that you have sufficiently
demonstrated the origin of the stated balance. I am not satisfied that this account is a
reliable reflection of your financial circumstances or your stated ability to pay for your
proposed visit.

- I am not satisfied that you have sufficiently demonstrated your personal circumstances and
funds or that they are as such that you can be relied upon to meet the conditions of visit
entry clearance.

Taking the forgoing into account, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of
your visit. Furthermore I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your
costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. Your application has therefore
been refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) and (e).

Future Applications

Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you
are likely to be refused unless:
- your personal circumstances change significantly between now and your next application
- you provide compelling new evidence with your next application
<< End of Extract