ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2: RCoS salary mistake: HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Smokeybella
Newly Registered

Tier 2: RCoS salary mistake: HELP

Post by Smokeybella » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:06 am

Help please!

I originally applied for a visa, which was refused due to incorrect certificate (unrestricted CoS). We have now applied for the correct certificate (restricted CoS under tier 2 and can make needed amendments till the deadline of 5th Nov for that months allocation). I noticed the salary is lower this time around to the one on my contract. As a teacher on a certain pay scale, my contract says I'll be paid the correct pay scale for "inner" London with the exact salary to match written, but the new RCoS application (and one of the job postings I have since found!) says "outer" london, which is why my salary dropped. I have explained this to my employer and am waiting on a response. Either way my salary is at least 30,000.

The main question:

If they realise their mistake and change it in the RCoS application to the higher "inner london" salary agreed upon instead of the incorrect "outer london" salary when one of their job postings required for RLMT still says the lower "outer london" pay range (Only reads a pay range not exact number) ... will we be refused sponsorship for the wording difference (inner vs outer) as it changes what was promised to candidates??
I can not imagine having to wait another month to do this all over again or having to simply accept a lower salary than what I'm qualified for and agreed on.

got
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Tier 2: RCoS salary mistake: HELP

Post by got » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 pm

I think that it is only important that you are paid on or above the minimum that is required for the SOC code given to you by your HR...
but I would like you to wait for some experts to comment on your post...