ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approval in old scheme ..but VISA stamping under tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hur
Newly Registered

HSMP approval in old scheme ..but VISA stamping under tier 1

Post by hur » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi,
This discussion is pertinent to Transitional Arrangements for Applicants with a valid HSMP Approval Letter. (i.e approval in old scheme and VISA stamping under tier 1).

Since tier 1 application form needs to be used for transitional applicants for the VISA stamping, there might be some confusion(s). Let's discuss such things.
One such confusion is..
The SECTION 5 - SUMMARY SHEET :
----------------------------------------------------
listing the points the applicant has claimed and the documentation provided. Applicants must provide the required evidence as specified in this application form and the Tier 1 (General) of the
Points Based System - Policy Guidance. Failure to submit required evidence is likely to lead to refusal of the application.

The form mentions to list the Points Scoring for Qualifications,Earnings,Experience,English Language,Maintenance etc.
But except for 'maintenance' the transitional applicants need not fillup other sections in tier 1 form because those would have been assessed in the initial approval stage.
So,the confusion is whether to leave these blank in the section 5 or list the points claimed during initial approval.Please suggest.

cheers..

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Plus

Do we have to send all the documents (which were supplied to get HSMP approval letter) along with EC application ?

Mandar

tapraveen
Newly Registered

Post by tapraveen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 am

Hi All,

I got the HSMP approval in February and want to file for EC in June 2008. could some one please guide me as what could be then change implications as HSMP is replaced by Tier 1? Can some one send me the EC application form for those who have approval and file EC under Tier 1?

Praveen
tapraveen@gmail.com

amit_9aug

Re: HSMP approval in old scheme ..but VISA stamping under ti

Post by amit_9aug » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:42 pm

hur wrote:Hi,
This discussion is pertinent to Transitional Arrangements for Applicants with a valid HSMP Approval Letter. (i.e approval in old scheme and VISA stamping under tier 1).

Since tier 1 application form needs to be used for transitional applicants for the VISA stamping, there might be some confusion(s). Let's discuss such things.
One such confusion is..
listing the points the applicant has claimed and the documentation provided. Applicants must provide the required evidence as specified in this application form and the Tier 1 (General) of the
Points Based System - Policy Guidance. Failure to submit required evidence is likely to lead to refusal of the application.

The form mentions to list the Points Scoring for Qualifications,Earnings,Experience,English Language,Maintenance etc.
But except for 'maintenance' the transitional applicants need not fillup other sections in tier 1 form because those would have been assessed in the initial approval stage.
So,the confusion is whether to leave these blank in the section 5 or list the points claimed during initial approval.Please suggest.

cheers..
Attach a cover note for section 5 and explain everything in simple words that you are applying via transitional arragements and that as per BIA guidance -->
1) you are entitled for automatic 75 points for 'age, education, earnings, uk experience' and
2) 10 points for 'english requirements'

However, please remember that you need to show evidence for claiming 10 points for maintenance section.

ammu28

Re: HSMP approval in old scheme ..but VISA stamping under ti

Post by ammu28 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:56 pm

hur wrote:One such confusion is..

cheers..
Please read the below link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/

If you have been issued with an HSMP approval letter, you must now make a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. You are automatically awarded the 75 points required to qualify under the attributes points assessment of Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker and will not need to show you meet the English language requirement.

You do not need to fill in the attributes section, so you can go straight to the maintenance section of the application form.

If you already have a valid HSMP approval letter, you should go to the maintenance section of the points assessment and complete the rest of the application form.

Hope this is clear now.

Regards,
ammu
Regards
Ammu

hur
Newly Registered

Post by hur » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Thanks for the response Ammu.
I understand that we just need to fill up section z. But there is a summary sheet where in we need to summerise the points claimed. It's bit confusing whether to leave blank or..

sarascha
Newly Registered

Post by sarascha » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Amit/Ammu,

I have valid HSMP approval letter from UK, and would like to apply for EC in the month of April, 08. I read your responses, and would like to clarify myself the following points?

a) We need to fill the form "tier1generalapplicationform.pdf" available at
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... /applying/

Is this the correct form?
Do we need to fill the form before applying for EC?

b) As per new rules, one needs to show evidence for claiming 10 points for maintenance section.

With regard to this, I didn't maintain 800pounds in my bank balanace over a span of 3 months. If this is the case, do I need to wait for another 3 months, and then start making the application as said in point a).

Kindly clarify these doubts.

hur
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund discussion

Post by hur » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi,

There's a separate thread regarding Maintenance fund ..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24430

cheers..