ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Held at border every time, besides BRP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ElisabethCenaj
Newly Registered
Germany

Held at border every time, besides BRP

Post by ElisabethCenaj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:18 am

Hello,
I am German and in the UK for eight years now. My husband is from Albania, we got married last year and he got his Biometric Residency Permit as a Family Member of an EEA Citizen last June. Travelling should be easy now, but it is not.
Even though entering the UK together with me, he is getting detained at UK border every time, and I have to sit and wait for an hour or so until they release him.
This has happened three times now, and we have been told that it is due to his history of refused applications on his record.
How can we stop this?
Any advise is appreciated.
Thank you!

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Held at border every time, besides BRP

Post by Doublestarxx » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 am

You should write a formal complaint to UKVI complaint department explaining that your husband is now a family member of European citizen exercising her treaty rights in the UK. Tell them about the inconvenience it causes to you as the European national. My family friend had similar experience and I drafted a letter that was sent by email to the complaints department and after a couple of weeks they responded and told them they have updated the records and he shouldn't have such delays. All the travels after the letter, the partner has never been delayed again apart from the usual 1 or 2 mins question should she travel alone at the border.