ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mackg123
Newly Registered
India

APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by mackg123 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Dear all,

I am an Indian citizenship, residing in Scotland for last 13 years. I have received my PR in November 2016 as per five year marriage with an EEA citizen. Both have received our PR.

Now i am planning to apply British naturalisation for me and wife this November. Both have done our Life in UK.
I have question regarding 10 years verification , my visa was rejected once in 2010 October , due to the college i was enrolled was shut down and then i apply for marriage permission (as that point of time permission was require) , 2011 i got a letter from home office i can marry without permission and on the basis of that got my EEA residency permit 2011 October. My question is that, is the rejection of my visa will effect in my application for naturalisation?
Please kindly advice me , thank you in advance .

Regrads,

IcikePicike
Hungary

Re: APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by IcikePicike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Speak to a solicitor.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: APPLYING FOR BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 am

mackg123 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:15 pm
Dear all,

I am an Indian citizenship, residing in Scotland for last 13 years. I have received my PR in November 2016 as per five year marriage with an EEA citizen. Both have received our PR.

Now i am planning to apply British naturalisation for me and wife this November. Both have done our Life in UK.
I have question regarding 10 years verification , my visa was rejected once in 2010 October , due to the college i was enrolled was shut down and then i apply for marriage permission (as that point of time permission was require) , 2011 i got a letter from home office i can marry without permission and on the basis of that got my EEA residency permit 2011 October. My question is that, is the rejection of my visa will effect in my application for naturalisation?
Please kindly advice me , thank you in advance .

Regrads,
I have come across blogs where naturallization was refused on basis of good character due to college of study being shut down and visa curtailed. Sounds similar to yours.