ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can an overstayer with a british child marry her partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nasaphillip
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Overstayer mum of British children and settled spouse

Post by Nasaphillip » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:45 am

Hi members, I need your help as I'm new here.
I entered the UK on a 2 year multiple visit visa in 2012 and since have remained in UK undocumented. I am legally married to my spouse in Cameroon and he is settled here. We have 3 children all born in UK and one of them has British passport. Which type of application can I make to legalise my stay. My spouse has permanent residence as family member of EEA national and works while I look after our e children. When I entered the UK, I made an application as a family member of EU national depending on my spouse's brother who is an EU national but was refused as I did not have enough evidence to prove that I was dependent on EU national before arrival and on arrival into UK. Please help me out. What documents do I need. Do I have to apply based on my spouse and child with British passport or through the child alone. Looking forward to your response

Nasaphillip
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Can an overstayer with a british child marry her partner

Post by Nasaphillip » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi learned people, please I need your candid advice. What are my chances of being granted leave to remain in the UK. I have two British children and a married spouse with permanent residence. I entered with a visit visa which expired in 2015. We all live together.

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can an overstayer with a british child marry her partner

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:06 pm

For your own research, I think you should be looking into FLR(FP) - 5/10 year partner or parent route.
You must establish a genuine, subsistence and active relationship with your British children.
What role do you play in their upbringing?
How would it affect your children if you had to leave the UK?
Why you can't leave the UK?
etc.

You should seek professional advice before making any application.
Search for OISC authorised adviser local to you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Did you pay the medical expenses for the birth of your children?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Kashif_Hussain wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:06 pm
For your own research, I think you should be looking into FLR(FP) - 5/10 year partner or parent route.
You must establish a genuine, subsistence and active relationship with your British children.
etc.

The OP cannot apply for FLR(FP) Parent route if she is in a relationship with her partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hass1214
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hass1214 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 pm
Kashif_Hussain wrote:
etc.

The OP cannot apply for FLR(FP) Parent route if she is in a relationship with her partner.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone of can help me?
I am in a complex situation.
I came to UK in Jan 2007 on student Visa. I have completed my studies in UK as an accountant.
Aboutt 3 -4 years ago my student visa extension was refused for not providing english language certificate that i had provided HO in the previous extension documents.
I lost 2 appeals as judge said that my studies will be finished soon so i must go back.
Then my solicitor submitted further representations based on Human Rights and and applied for Judicial Review.
Then i receive a letter from Home Office asking me to withdraw Judicial Review and they will reconsider my case and they refused it again.

Then my solicitors said he has applied for Judicial Review again but he did not actually.

I have been in UK for 11 years now.

I would appreciate if anyone can please tell me how can i legalise my stay?

My family has found a potential marriage proposal for me with a british citizen. It is going to be a genuine marriage. But can i get permission to from the registrar and HO to be married or would there be a problem?

My expected wife to be is a dentist.

Your advice will e highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Hass1214 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 pm
Kashif_Hussain wrote:
etc.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone of can help me?
I am in a complex situation.
I came to UK in Jan 2007 on student Visa. I have completed my studies in UK as an accountant.
Aboutt 3 -4 years ago my student visa extension was refused for not providing english language certificate that i had provided HO in the previous extension documents.
I lost 2 appeals as judge said that my studies will be finished soon so i must go back.
Then my solicitor submitted further representations based on Human Rights and and applied for Judicial Review.
Then i receive a letter from Home Office asking me to withdraw Judicial Review and they will reconsider my case and they refused it again.

Then my solicitors said he has applied for Judicial Review again but he did not actually.

I have been in UK for 11 years now.

I would appreciate if anyone can please tell me how can i legalise my stay?

My family has found a potential marriage proposal for me with a british citizen. It is going to be a genuine marriage. But can i get permission to from the registrar and HO to be married or would there be a problem?

My expected wife to be is a dentist.

Your advice will e highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Instead of tagging your question onto the end of another member's topic, please continue in your own thread. Apart from causing confusion, you aren't the parent of a British child. :idea:

general-uk-immigration-forum/can-an-ove ... 49887.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.