ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Returned-(Applicants passport images returned back)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shan6677
Newly Registered

Documents Returned-(Applicants passport images returned back)

Post by shan6677 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi all,

I have received the Originals and Photocopies of supporting documents which I have to Sheffield to support my wife's Spouse visa, but I have 2 Concerns.

1) Applicants 2 passport size pictures are sent back, They did not even open the sealed envelop in which I have put the pictures, I have Clearly written on top of the envelop that this envelop contains applicants 2 passport size photos. So did they miss taking the pictures of the applicant or is it normal that they don't take the pictures (GOV.co.uk asked us to submit applicants photographs.). I am worried about this.. :(

2) They ask us to send a photocopy of all the documents but they have sent the envelop back to me in exactly same package without opening it. :roll:

Please help me with this,

Thanks.

smarter1
United Kingdom

Re: Documents Returned-(Applicants passport images returned back)

Post by smarter1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 pm

1. I have never heard UKVI require applicant to submit pictures for a spouse visa.

2. This is normal, they most probably scanned the originals or photocopies (depending on what is possible to scan).

shan6677
Newly Registered

Post by shan6677 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:47 pm

smarter1 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 pm
1. I have never heard UKVI require applicant to submit pictures for a spouse visa.

2. This is normal, they most probably scanned the originals or photocopies (depending on what is possible to scan).
Hi,

thanks for your reply .

1) 2 passport size pictures. point 6 "https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information".

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:56 pm

I am not sure how this point 6 is relevant to spouse visas. Both Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE are silent in relation to passport pictures. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

SaJaRo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by SaJaRo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Definitely need passport sized photos for spouse visa. I did for FLRM. The link Shan provided clearly states you need to provide two passport photos under "Information you must provide".

Shan, I don't really know, but I'm pretty sure they use your image from the biometric enrollment for your entry clearance or the BRP. Not sure why they ask for the photos but there must be a reason!

Can't help you with the other question, sorry.

Good luck!

smarter1
United Kingdom

Post by smarter1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 am

I cannot find a link now but I have read that visa centres are not accepting printed passport pictures anymore, instead they take a digital picture of the applicant themselves.

FLRM is an application inside the UK, not outside.

Anyhow, they may have scanned the picture (or simply ignored them since they have got your picture anyway) and returned it along with other paperwork.

shan6677
Newly Registered

Post by shan6677 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:28 am

SaJaRo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:48 pm
Definitely need passport sized photos for spouse visa. I did for FLRM. The link Shan provided clearly states you need to provide two passport photos under "Information you must provide".

Shan, I don't really know, but I'm pretty sure they use your image from the biometric enrollment for your entry clearance or the BRP. Not sure why they ask for the photos but there must be a reason!

Can't help you with the other question, sorry.

Good luck!
Thanks SaJaRo :)

shan6677
Newly Registered

Post by shan6677 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:32 am

smarter1 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 am
I cannot find a link now but I have read that visa centres are not accepting printed passport pictures anymore, instead they take a digital picture of the applicant themselves.

Anyhow, they may have scanned the picture (or simply ignored them since they have got your picture anyway) and returned it along with other paperwork.
Thanks smarter1, :)
That May be the Reason why they have returned them to me.. just did not want them to Reject application for not sending passport Pictures.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:37 am

smarter1 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 am

They ask the sponsor to send passport picture of the applicant along with documents. Biometrics is at the visa centre which you have quoted.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18