ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Initial Application - £800 Mantaince Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claytoncrabtree
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Initial Application - £800 Mantaince Funds

Post by claytoncrabtree » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:27 pm

So I have my T1 application completed I got a 90 out of 75! But there is this little problem about showing the £800...

I have about 4 bank accounts in all different countries and with different banks and my money is spread around so I don't have just one account that has had £800 in it the entire time.

I am think about taking a risk with this and showing a letter from my bank saying I have a £3000 credit limit on my credit card along with several bank accounts showing there is plenty of money in them.

I know this isn't showing a minimum £800 in a bank account but it is showing I have "access to £800 available funds to support themselves".

What do you think? Is it just a waste to apply? I am currently on a WP but really want to get on to the T1 as soon as possible. Is there any way around this? Maybe I could have a letter from a family member pledging money assistance?

I'm really in quite a quagmire with this! What are my options?

Please note this is for my Tier 1 Initial Application (not my FLR)

mpunaskar
United Kingdom

Post by mpunaskar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:34 pm

AFAIK homeoffice doesn't accept credit card (& statements) as proof of funds.Thats what they say on students visa extension forms

plus

This is what they say on BIA website : "personal bank or building society statements covering a period of three months"

IMO "Credit card" account is something different than personal "bank" account

My 2 cents

rock777
Newly Registered

Post by rock777 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Further to your query above, the guide states "internet statements are acceptable provided they contain the above information".

Does this mean a copy of the original bank statement will be okay, if it shows the above information. (The reason being my original bank statements are in Aus & I do not have net banking for that particular account)

Thanks

SYH
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 Initial Application - £800 Mantaince Funds

Post by SYH » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:56 pm

claytoncrabtree wrote:So I have my T1 application completed I got a 90 out of 75! But there is this little problem about showing the £800...

I have about 4 bank accounts in all different countries and with different banks and my money is spread around so I don't have just one account that has had £800 in it the entire time.

I am think about taking a risk with this and showing a letter from my bank saying I have a £3000 credit limit on my credit card along with several bank accounts showing there is plenty of money in them.

I know this isn't showing a minimum £800 in a bank account but it is showing I have "access to £800 available funds to support themselves".

What do you think? Is it just a waste to apply? I am currently on a WP but really want to get on to the T1 as soon as possible. Is there any way around this? Maybe I could have a letter from a family member pledging money assistance?

I'm really in quite a quagmire with this! What are my options?

Please note this is for my Tier 1 Initial Application (not my FLR)
Credit card limits are not acceptable
Neither will pledges from family
Amass the different statements from different banks and good luck

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:58 pm

rock777 wrote:Further to your query above, the guide states "internet statements are acceptable provided they contain the above information".

Does this mean a copy of the original bank statement will be okay, if it shows the above information. (The reason being my original bank statements are in Aus & I do not have net banking for that particular account)

Thanks
Thats not a simple answer. Usuallly the ho wants originals, if you cant get it, then you have to state so and then provide an authenticated copy. Authenticate means your bank stamps it or it is a duplicate issued by the bank.