ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Residency on behalf of Irish Citizen Child.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dr. K
Newly Registered

EU Residency on behalf of Irish Citizen Child.

Post by Dr. K » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi,

Can you please explain.

1. Which country immigration system is fast and easy to get Residency on behalf of my Irish Citizen Child.

2. Can I work in other EU member states if I am having Residency of any EU Member State.

3. What are the rights of Resident of one EU State, if they will move to other.

4. Any other solution.

Thanks

Laoch na hEireann
Newly Registered

Post by Laoch na hEireann » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:17 pm

Why are you trying to get residency in another state??

residency in one state does not account for anything in another..... if your a non national you will not be treated as an EU citizen regardless of your residency in another country

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:44 am

Do a Google search on "Chen case"

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 am

Laoch na hEireann wrote:residency in one state does not account for anything in another.....
Try telling that to the DoJ in relation to section 3(2) of SI 656. :roll:
Laoch na hEireann wrote:.. if your a non national you will not be treated as an EU citizen regardless of your residency in another country

Another grossly ambiguous statement from the "Hero of Ireland". How a Member State treats a non-EEA national depends entirely on the personal circumstances of the non-EEA national.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: EU Residency on behalf of Irish Citizen Child.

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:28 am

Dr. K wrote:Hi,

Can you please explain.

1. Which country immigration system is fast and easy to get Residency on behalf of my Irish Citizen Child.

2. Can I work in other EU member states if I am having Residency of any EU Member State.

3. What are the rights of Resident of one EU State, if they will move to other.

4. Any other solution.

Thanks
All (or most?) EU countries recognise the Chen ruling and have implemented it (and if they haven't then they should have!). Most countries will allow you to work (the exception being the UK, from what I have read). If your only objective is to gain 'residency' and employment, then most countries can give you that (but you can only work in the country that gives you the residence card - if you want to move to another EU country, you need to apply again for a new residence card for that country). If you want to become a citizen, then that's another issue.

What is your current nationality?