ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant visa refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hemant08
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 dependant visa refused

Post by hemant08 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi,
I got my wife's tier 2 dependant visa refused although got mine. My Cos clearly stated that maintainence for migrants ( and dependants if applicable) is covered with a Y marked in front of it. But it was refused claiming no proof of maintenance given. My sponsor is tier 2 A rated sponsor. I reconfirmed from my employer n they have given me a document stating maintenance was covered. Should I go for administrative review? And should I attach the documented statement from employer also although they have written not to send anything?
Please respond early because I am in big trouble and cannot spend another 587 pounds for reapplication ... Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependant visa refused

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:32 pm

What was the exact whole wording of the refusal, taking out any personal details?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hemant08
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hemant08 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:26 pm

They have written as I quote " there is no information from the sponsors to confirm that they have certified your maintenance as you claim they have. Neither have you provided any proof that you have enough funds available to meet your required level of maintenance." So they have decided to refuse entry based on balance of probabilities.
Now my question is that Cos clearly has column which says
Tick to certify maintenance for migrant ( and dependants if applicable) and they have marked Y.
I confirmed from my employer they have issued me a document stating that Cos has the necessary information stating that dependants are covered.

Should I go for a review? And should I send this document along?
Waiting for reply in anticipation :roll:

chllz03

Post by chllz03 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Following this post. What happened? This is really confusing... Why would they deny the visa if the employer explicitly said they will help sponsor? Please post any updates.. Thank you!