ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit For my Mother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA Family Permit For my Mother

Post by Flickers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Good afternoon guys, I need a bit of advice guys. I’m trying to get my mother over to the U.K. lost my father early this year and she’s been on her own since then, she’s 72 years of age and things hasn’t been easy for her. She never worked as she used to have her own petty business. I do send her money for her upkeep. I’m married to an EEA National and holds a permanent residence card. Any advise will be greatly appreciated, I read somewhere on this forum family permit would be an easier way, for that reason I put citizenship application on hold, thanks for reading and I hope to get some advice please guys.

J10M
South Africa

Re: EEA Family Permit For my Mother

Post by J10M » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:32 pm

If I recall correctly, from a thread earlier in the week or last week, only the EEA person can apply for their family members and not the non-eea member.

But maybe wait until someone else can confirm, i'll look for the other thread where it was mentioned

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks j10M I’m looking forward.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Yes, the EEA national will be the sponsor of the parent of the non-EEA spouse, it is possible but the applicant need to show that he/she is dependant to the EEA national (showing the remittances of money, etc) and that in their country there is no other relative who can take care of the applicant.

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks Dan1988uk, but my wife is a student but I do work and I’m the one who sends money for her upkeep. My younger sister just relocated to the US so is just her all alone.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Flickers wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:05 pm
Thanks Dan1988uk, but my wife is a student but I do work and I’m the one who sends money for her upkeep. My younger sister just relocated to the US so is just her all alone.
Qualifying as a family member
You must be the EEA citizen’s spouse or civil partner, or related to them (or their spouse or civil partner) as their:

child or grandchild under 21 years old, or dependent child or grandchild of any age
dependent parent or grandparent

The website does not specify, but I think it's fine if it's you sending money. Of course your wife must hold a CSI being her a student.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:02 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm
The website does not specify, but I think it's fine if it's you sending money. Of course your wife must hold a CSI being her a student.
The OP has clearly stated that the EU spouse holds a PR card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:40 am

Morning guys, I’m now about apply for EEA Family Permit for my mum. The question here is that my wife passport expires 23/11/17, does anyone think this will be an issue or any advice on any other form of ID like her permanent resident card? Any advice will be appreciated.

Flickers
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Flickers » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:58 am

Can someone help please

aarshad01
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by aarshad01 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi,

I applied for my mother as well from Pakistan, can anyone advice on this, she submitted all the originals and they scanned and returned the originals but i forgot to inform them to take with them photocopies aswell, few days ago she received an email that

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

any advice on this please ??

Abbas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbas12 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:50 pm

aarshad01 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:59 pm
Hi,

I applied for my mother as well from Pakistan, can anyone advice on this, she submitted all the originals and they scanned and returned the originals but i forgot to inform them to take with them photocopies aswell, few days ago she received an email that

Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

any advice on this please ??
Have you got family permit for ur mother

Selina1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Selina1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:49 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:53 pm
Yes, the EEA national will be the sponsor of the parent of the non-EEA spouse, it is possible but the applicant need to show that he/she is dependant to the EEA national (showing the remittances of money, etc) and that in their country there is no other relative who can take care of the applicant.