ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Initial Applications - SubmitPassport / travel?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rock777
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Initial Applications - SubmitPassport / travel?

Post by rock777 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi

I am hoping to submit my application in the next week, however I have just noticed that under the new form, it states "For the application to be valid and complete the applicant's current passport/travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form." These are namely:
- Lost
- Stolen
- Expired
- Elsewhere in Border & Immagration
- Ageny
- Other (note this reason is not stated in the guide).

I have a holiday booked OS over Easter, and will therefore need my passport. Under the old HSMP the original passport was not required to be submitted at the time of the application.

Am I going to have to wait untill I get back from trip to submit the application, or do they return the passport immediately, and or is it okay to just submit your original passport at the end of application to get stamped if approved?

Any assistance would be appreciated.