ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passports & documents lost by Royal Mail

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Elizabella
Newly Registered
Canada

Passports & documents lost by Royal Mail

Post by Elizabella » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Has anyone who applied for an EEA(FM) had an experience of their documents being lost in the post after submitting a return of documents request?

My passport, still valid residence card, and my husband's EU ID card were posted 02/10/2017 by Royal Mail 'signed for'. I was only informed of this by the Home Office today after calling them twice. We haven't had anything come through the post or an attempted delivery. I called Royal Mail and they said that it is classed as a lost item and that we would need to submit an online form about it, but that we would need proof of postage.

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do? If I declare my passport as lost/stolen, will the Home Office reject my EEA(FM) application?

I will call the Home Office on Monday, but in theory the sender is the one who needs to follow up on lost post and I don't have the greatest confidence in their determination to do this.